why

" Amara?"

I slowly opened my eyes and shut them because of the blinding light as my head ached and I opened them again to find myself in the nurse's office on a bed with blankets and my skin felt like sausage casing.

"Don't move you'll hurt yourself." A voice said next to me and I looked to see her sitting there along with Trevor and the nurse.

"Five minutes." The nurse said walking away.

"What's going on?" I asked my head feeling like it was split into two.

"I'll check the coast. We'll talk later dude." Trevor said going to stand by the door and I'm guessing it's because no one was supposed to see me and Natasha together .

"What happened?" I asked again looking at her seeing her looking like I don't know.

She looked broken, sad and disappointed.

" You kinda hit something on your head  when you ran and you collapsed and fell." I couldn't help but feel like she was lying.

"What happened at the corridor?" She asked concern laced from her voice.

"If you mean why did I hit your friend I don't know." I said looking away from her knowing want was going to come next she was probably going to walk out of my life and tell me how wrong I was.

The usual shit.

"I don't mean that. Micah's trouble I know that what I mean is what I going on with you. You literally turned into a monster and you didn't listen to the numerous people who were telling you to stop." She asked looking at me.

"Nothing please leave " I did the one thing I was good at ,hiding emotions.

"I'm not going anywhere." She said leaning back into the chair.

"What won't you leave?!"

"Because I care about you! And I really hate seeing you break everyday and hiding behind this bad girl attitude!" She raised her voice.

I was surprised and taken aback.

"I'm sorry." She said placing her hands on her mouth and I was confused. "I'm sorry for raising my voice not for the other stuff." She clarified.

"Why?" Was the only word that came out of my mouth.

"I don't know." She replied and Trevor looked at us with his hands on his hips before walking outside again.

"Listen Amara I know we are supposed to be rivals and hate each other but I don't want to do that with you and I also can not bring myself to hate you. I care about you alot and what happened today scared me because you changed and I don't want you to bottle things up like that. I know you are skeptic and don't let people through your walls easily but I want you to know that I care and I'm always here to listen rival or not. You are a part of me now." She said and I felt speechless .

"I'll leave you for now and maybe next time you'll remember that I'm always here please talk to me." She squeezed my hand and left.

I didn't blink and I felt my cheeks wet.

"Wow." Trevor said.