Eighteen

-Third Person-

After killing Howie, the group was now back in the hallway, keeping their eyes peeled for the four remaining demons. Mira was mildly hurt during the attack, but Hedy and J.C. healed her thanks to their powers. Hedy placed her hand on her stomach, still feeling the baby's heartbeat.

"Is it going to be a boy or a girl?" Aaron asked her.

"I'm not completely sure yet." Hedy replied, trying to identify the heartbeat; it was faint, yet, felt a slow heartbeat. She nudged at Mira, who aimed her gun at her, causing the vampire to jump back.

"Sorry, Hedy, what is it?"

"What do you think the baby's gender is?"

Carefully, the black-haired placed her hand on the vampire's stomach, feeling the heartbeat. She removed her hand.

"A boy, maybe?" She guessed.

Hedy shrugged.

Suddenly, J.C. stopped their tracks, causing Mira, Hedy, and Aaron to bump into him. Mira glared at him

"Why did you do—"

"I sense Kevin. He's around here somewhere." He said in a slow, sensual voice, which seemed to excite Mira.

"I sense him too" Hedy said.

"That's correct"

The group looked up at the ceiling and saw Kevin, his eyes glowing bright green. Before Hedy can open fire, he flew down and knocked her on the ground, the gun falling out of her hand. Mira tried to shoot him, but he was too fast.

"That's for killing Howie!" Kevin exclaimed, glaring at Hedy, who was trying to get her gun. Mira tried to shoot him again, but realized that she was all out of bullets.

"Dammit! I'm out of bullets!" She exclaimed. J.C. tossed her some bullets as he tried to help Hedy up. Aaron looked at the tall demon, then he thought of an idea, grabbing his dagger, he aimed the weapon at him, squinting closing.

As soon Kevin came flying back down, Aaron threw the dagger and aimed it right at his heart, sending the dark haired flying back. The blond ran to see if Kevin turned into dust, but he didn't see him, which confused him.

"That's weird I thought I—" Aaron said, but was cut off by Hedy's yelling.

"Aaron, get back over here!" Hedy said.

Aaron tried to run back to the group, but Nick came flying down, blocking the view. Aaron backed up in fear.

"Hey, little bro. Long time, no see" Nick said slyly.

"Since you possessed me?!?!?" Aaron yelled, trying to look for Hedy, Mira, and J.C. He heard a gunshot, but Nick dodged it, putting Aaron in a headlock.

"Let him go, you son of a bitch!" Mira said, aiming the gun at him.

"Not until Hedy comes back" Nick replied, holding Aaron tighter in the headlock.

"For the last goddamn time, no! I'm not coming back to live with you guys!" Hedy exclaimed.

"Well, he's getting killed. Goodbye."

And with that, Nick sped away with Aaron into an unknown part of the church. Loading her gun up, Hedy started to follow the two, but Mira pulled her back.

"Hedy, don't! You'll hurt the baby!" Mira exclaimed, her voice cracking, like she was going to cry. Hedy then turned around, a single teardrop running down her face.

"I have to, Mira. I don't want Aaron to get killed." She replied. J.C. placed a hand on Mira's shoulder, then he spoke up.

"Let her deal with Nick, and we'll deal with the rest." He said to her.

"Please be careful, Hedy."

"I will."

Looking back at Mira and J.C., Hedy sped off.

Don't worry, Aaron. I'm going to rescue you.