Teaser

A/N: If you had not read the prologue of this story, I suggest reading it first to make this sound less confusing. Takes place after Mira saves the girl from the two vampires.

"Get out of here! Now!" A tall black-haired girl said to me, earning me to run while clutching my badly scraped shoulder. Thank god that dark-haired guy didn't bite me and only left a scrape on my shoulder. God, why did I decided to come out tonight knowing that there's going to be an attack tonight?

The girl who saved me looked like around my age, but she was wearing a school uniform that had Greek letters on the tie, so I was assuming that she was in a sorority, paired with white high top converses. She looked like she was around my height (173 cm), and had greenish-blue eyes that made her black hair stand out against the dimly-lit lights. I wish I could tell her thank you; she seemed really sweet.

I kept looking back to make sure those two guys weren't following me, which they weren't, so I stopped and looked at my shoulder, minor blood oozing from the small scrape. I sat on a bench and pulled a bandaid out from my pocketbook, placing the bandage gently on my shoulder. I sat there quietly, watching the busy streets.

"What are doing out here so late?"

I looked up and saw a man around my age, with blond hair that was floppy, dressed in a blue long sleeve, black pants, and sneakers. He sat beside me.

"Oh, I'm just walking around" I said, smiling lightly at him. Damn. He's quite cute, but his blue eyes were telling me something different, like something was off about him. They felt like they were cutting deep inside of mine.

"Are you okay? You looked worried," he asked me, looking at my bandaged shoulder. "What happened to your shoulder?"

"Oh, I tripped and fell. Don't worry about it" I replied.

"You're lying. Take the bandaid off, now."

"But I'm telling—"

"Take it off."

Feeling defeated, I took the bandaid off and threw it in the trash, showing the dark-haired man the scrape one of the vampires gave me before the girl came and saved me. His icy blue eyes then turned red, just like those two guys. Is he working for them? I thought as I tried backing away from him.

"Did Abz and Scott try to feed from you?" He asked me. I didn't know which guy was which so I was guessing that those were the two guys he was talking about. I didn't answer as he raised his voice at me. "I asked you a question!"

"You're one of them!" I exclaimed as I pepper-sprayed him, watching the vampire clutch his eyes in pain. I started running again, hoping to get to the train in time and go home. Great. Now three vampires are after me tonight. God, I hope I get home safely.

While I was running towards the train station, I noticed two other men; one with short blond hair and one with a buzzcut, causing me to immediately run back down the sidewalk to find a hiding spot, with was the telephone box, locking it. I crouched down to make sure none of those guys find me, then I dialed my friend's number.

"Hello?"

"I need your help. I came out at the wrong time and I'm getting chased. Please help me now."

"Okay, okay. Just stay there and don't leave the box. I'm sending somebody after you."

"Thank you so much."

And then the line went silent.

As I stood up and placed the phone back on the hook, I heard a knock outside the box, turning around slowly, I let out a scream, seeing them trying to pry the box open like they were hungry zombies, a bloody handprint coming in contact with one of the tiny windows. Blood then started to trickle down the window as I backed up against the telephone, crouching back down in fear.

There was now five of them.