Eight

-Third Person-

"Seriously, Mira! I saw what I saw!" Aaron argued. Mira sighed as she swept up the broken glass, ignoring the argumentative boy, who was holding the flashlight, thanks to the blackout. She doesn't know if she can hide any secrets to Aaron anymore, considering that he basically saw a demonic version of his dead older brother and got possessed by him as well. After she got finished sweeping, she sat Aaron down on the couch, a hand on his shoulder.

She took in a deep breath. "Do you know that red-headed girl that was missing three years ago back in November?"

"Yeah."

"That was Hedy when she was a human." Mira said, avoiding eye contact with the boy.

"Who's Hedy?" Aaron asked, confused about the question.

"Jeanne is Hedy. We had to changed her name and her appearance because the police still had her as missing."

Aaron's eyes widen in shock. "So, you're telling me that she's a bloodsucker, too?"

Mira's eyes widen as well. "How did you know she was a vampire?"

He rubbed his neck sheepishly. "I might've saw the fight last night between you two and those British guys."

"Aaron!"

"Sorry, Mira. Besides, what did that one dude do to your wrist?"

Mira stayed silent for a moment. Well, Aaron now knows everything and will probably tell his parents the following things: a missing sorority sister is now an undead vampire, a violent and sadistic version of his brother possessed him and tried to make him kill his babysitter, and he saw his own babysitter get bit by a vampire. So, he's definitely going to have some sort of trauma.

Without saying anything, Mira unwrapped the bandage of her wrist, showcasing the bite mark Abz had given her during the attack. Aaron looked at it in awe.

"Does Hedy feed off of people?" He asked.

"No, she only drinks blood bags. Come here and I'll show you"

Mira got up from the couch and walked to Hedy's room, with Aaron following her, flashlight still in hand. She opened the door and walked towards the mini fridge, letting the boy see the blood bags.

"That's pretty neat, honestly."

Mira and Aaron walked out of Hedy's room, only to see five shadows standing in the living room. Curiously, Aaron shined the flashlight on the shadows, revealing to be all five members of 5ive. Mira noticed three other guys that she never seen before; one had dark brown hair in a buzz cut, whose name was Sean, one had floppy blond hair similar to Nick's, with the name Ritchie, and the last was a buff blond, who had short hair, named Jason. Mira grabbed a spray bottle filled with holy water behind her.

"Missed us, love?" Abz said, showcasing his fangs.

Before the boys can do anything, Mira sprayed the holy water on them, causing them to fall on the floor, clutching their faces. Grabbing her purse and keys, her and Aaron ran out of the apartment, making their way to the elevator. Aaron spoke up.

"Who are those guys?"

"A boy group called 5ive. They've been responsible for the England attacks."

Aaron stayed silent as the two left the elevator and out of the apartment complex, the snow falling on them. Mira and Aaron noticed the subway station and ran towards it, hoping to catch the last bus for the night.

As they entered the station, nobody was there, not even the bus; the lights were out and it was quiet. Laughter could be heard as the five vampires climbed up from the train tracks, their faces partially scarred thanks to the holy water and the flashlight illumination.

"Mira, are we going to be okay?" Aaron said as his babysitter wrapped her arms protectively around him.

"We're going to be okay, don't worry. We're going to fight through this."

Despite her bravery, Mira wanted to succumb completely to 5ive.