Nineteen

-Hedy-

I finally able to track Aaron down with my senses, revealing that Nick was holding him hostage in one of the rooms on the middle floor of the church. I hope that Mira and J.C. take care of Brian and A.J., because I don't feel like fighting for the rest of the day, plus I already feel the baby growing inside of me. After a couple of minutes of wandering around, I stood in front of the door, immediately sensing Aaron.

You can do this, Hedy. I thought, looking down at my gun. Let's end this once and for all.

Kicking the door open, I aimed my gun around, who was nowhere to be found, only seeing Aaron tied to a chair with a needle inside of his arm, hooked up to a bloodletting machine. I sped towards him, lifting his droopy head, revealing his pale face.

"Aaron, can you hear me?" I asked him, hoping that he'll respond, but his head just dropped back down, signaling that he was losing a lot of blood. "Don't worry, I'm going to help you."

I looked around to see a knife to cut the ropes, which I did, and I quickly cut them, freeing the boy, his body falling down on the floor. I looked at the bloodletting machine and saw that it was near its completion, at 92%.

"H-Hedy?" Aaron stuttered, trying to regain his consciousness.

"Yes, it's me. Don't move, I'm going to get this out of you." I replied, trying to get the needle out of him, but it was no use.

"God, why do you have to butt in everybody's business, huh?"

I turned around and saw Nick standing near the doorway with his arms crossed. I glared at him.

"First of all, asshole, you possessed your human brother, and now all of a sudden you're trying to kill him by draining his blood?!" I screamed, trying to pry the needle out of poor Aaron.

"Seeing you makes me sick, Hedy. Time to finish you."

And with that, he shifted into his demon form, speeding right towards me, but I grabbed him and threw him across the room, letting him crash into some dusty books. Without any choice, I used my strength to rip the needle out of Aaron's arm, blood spewing on my face and my clothes. I healed him, but he wouldn't wake up.

"Now look what you did" Nick sneered, getting up from the dusty mess.

"I healed him. He's still alive, bitch."

Nick then sped towards me, but I shot him, the bullet landing right in his shoulder, but he remained unaffected. I was now against the wall, his hands wrapped tightly on my neck, choking me.

"Honestly, I should kill you and the baby right now" Nick snickered.

"None of you are going to hurt the baby" I retorted, kneeing him in the groin, causing him to stumble.

Aiming the gun, I shot him in the right shoulder, then in the right thigh, and then finally in the face, watching him drop on the floor, dissolving into black dust, just like the rest of the group. I then ran to Aaron and crouched down next to him, trying to wake him up.

"Aaron? Aaron!" I said, slightly shaking the boy to wake him up.

He groggily sat up, rubbing his eyes, which seemed to have tears in them. "Is it over?"

I let out a sigh in relief as I helped him stand up. "Yes, it's over."

Aaron pulled me into a tight hug, crying softly into my coat. "Thank you. Thank you for both you, Mira, and J.C. for saving me."

"Oh, Aaron," I said, holding him tightly. "You're welcome."

Suddenly, Mira appeared, along with J.C.

"Aaron! Hedy!" She exclaimed, running towards with J.C. behind her, grouping us in a big hug. "Thank God, we're alright!"

"Now that's over, let's get you guys something to eat and head back to my place, yeah?" J.C. asked Mira and Aaron, who nodded in agreement. "I have some blood bags you can snack on if you want, Hedy."

"That's fine with me" I replied.

We then left the church and walked into the snowy city, happy that the nightmare was finally over.

——————

No pun intended for the Oh Aaron line.