Part 3

Nova's POV

Yamitsu's shirt falls down past my knees. And I have to roll the shorts a few times to stay on my small body. I run my hand through my now soft hair. I smile and sigh happily. I slowly grab my old clothes and unlock the door. I take a deep breath and open the door. As soon as the door is open I'm hit with a wonderful smell. I walk out of the bathroom and see Yamitsu cooking. "Go ahead and put your clothes there. I'll wash them. Just so you can wear them tomorrow." Yamitsu tells me.

I nod and put my clothes in a basket. I walk over to the table and sit down. "I hope you like scrambled eggs and chocolate chip pancakes." Yamitsu tells me as he walks over to me with two plates. "I-I've n-never had e-either." I tell him. Yamitsu looks at me, his eye that I can see wide. "Here, eat." Yamitsu says as he puts the plate in front of me along with a fork and a knife. He also puts a bottle of water in front of me. I slowly pick up my fork and stab some eggs. I slowly eat them, my eyes widen and I eat more.

I feel myself start to dance a little as I eat. Yamitsu chuckles at me and I quickly stop dancing. He finishes eating before me. So he gets up and washes his dishes. I watch as he gets a pillow and a blanket. He unfolds his couch and he makes it into a bed. He puts the blanket and pillow on the couch bed. After a few more bites I get too full to eat anymore. I only ate half the plate. "Are you full kid?" Yamitsu asks. I nod my head, feeling bad for not being able to finish everything. "It's okay, it's not your fault. Go get in bed. I'll take care of this." Yamitsu says as he takes my plate.

I nod and get up. I go to the couch and lay down. I put the blanket over my body and I sigh as I relax into the bed. "Good night kid. If you need anything. Just come get me." Yamitsu tells me as he goes up to his room, turning the light off as he goes. I smile and turn onto my side. I grab my necklace and take it off. I hold it in my hands. I open the locket and smile when I see the pictures of me and my brother from years ago. From before I got taken away.

I don't even know if he is still alive. I bet he is, he is strong. I wish I could see him again. There's a picture from my 6th birthday. And there's a picture of when we watched a movie together. A week before I got taken. When I was almost ten. I turned ten a day before I got taken. I hug my locket and close it up. I put it back on. I hold it in my hands and slowly fall asleep. I dream about my brother. I dream that we meet and he takes me in. I dream that he accepts me for who I am.