Part 9

Nova's POV

"Hi Plant! Are you okay?" I ask them. "Plant!" They say as they nod their head. "Good. Is David around here?" I ask. They shake their head no. "Is someone else watching you?" I ask. "Plant!" They say as they nod. They grab my hand and I quickly get up. They pull me past a bunch of beehives. Then past a greenhouse. We go onto a beach. "Plant, there you are. You can't run off like that." A pretty girl says as she runs up to me and Plant.

She looks at me and glares. "Who are you? Let go of Plant." She demands. I flinch back and quickly let go of Plant's hand. "Plant!" They say as the small child glares at the much bigger girl. And by bigger, I mean like six foot bigger. "What? Do you know them?" The girl asks. "Plant." Plant says as they nod. I'm just slowly taking small steps back. Ready to run if anything is to happen.

She sighs and looks at me. "Sorry, David told me to watch plant. And if I let anything happen to them, then I'm in deep shit." The girl tells me. "I-its f-fine." I say as I still stay a few yards away. She rubs the back of her neck and looks at her feet. "Sorry for scaring you. Can we start over?" She asks. "...S-sure." I say. She takes a deep breath. "Hi, I'm River. A rank. Nature Devil Slayer. What's your name?" She introduces herself.

"I-i'm Nove. A rank a-as well. I-i'm a S-sound God Slayer. B-but I know f-few other magics as well." I tell her. "Plant!" Plant shouts as if to introduce themself. Me and River laugh. "When did you join the guild?" River asks. "Uh, maybe an hour ago." I tell her. "Okay, I was wondering why i haven't met you or seen you before." River say. "Oh, My pronouns are she her. What are yours?" River asks.

"Oh, He They." I tell them. "Nice. Do you have a place to stay yet?" She asks me. "Yeah, I'm staying with my brother." I tell her. "Ohhh whos your brother?" She asks. "Lucas is my brother. I'm pretty sure he's freaking out right now tho." I tell her. "Why would he be freaking out?" River asks me. "Well, him and I were trying to find someone named Mario. But I got distracted by the garden. And wandered off." I tell her.

"But you are on an island. So he shouldn't worry too much." River says. "Uhhh, no. We just found each other after being apart for like nine or so years. Because I was kidnapped. Sooooo, he is most definitely freaking out." I tell River. "Ohhhh, we might want to find him before he goes berserk." River says. "Plant!" Plant says as they run off. "We also might want to catch plant." I say. "Yeahhhh. Let's go!" River says as she starts running. I quickly ran after her.