Part 21

Nova's POV

Lucas smiles at me, but his eyes hold sadness. "Alright, we leave in thirty. Get ready. We will be gone for two days." Ritchie tells me. I smile and nod my head. "Yes Sir!" I say as I get off the stage and go up to Lucas. He nods to the door and starts to walk away. I quickly follow him. We walk in silence. After a few minutes we get to our house. He opens the door for me and I walk inside. He follows and sits on the couch. I slowly follow him, Sitting on the opposite side from him.

"Soooooo." I slowly draw out as I look at him. "The... words on your back. Why... Why?" Lucas asks me. I reach back and feel the outline of multiple words on my back. "Depends on what word. Each word has a reason behind it." I tell him. "...I'll tell you some before I have to leave. And I'll tell you more when I get back." I tell him. "...Okay. Why Monster?" Lucas asks me. "Okay. So, Alexandrea, my goddess. Came though. In the middle of me being beaten. She.. she didn't like it." I say.

"She is very protective. And always wants me to fight back. I didn't know what was happening. And she took over me. She killed ten men and four women. All of which were beating me. Before she could kill anyone else, they threw magic chains over me and she was forced to stop. More men beat me, and carved the word Monster and Murder into my back. That was the first words etched into my skin." I tell Lucas, A few tears in my eyes. And I watch as a couple tears fall from his eyes.

"I am so sorry Nova. I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect you. I should have protected you. I'm your big brother. I should have..." Lucas trails off. "It's not your fault. You were a kid as well. You did everything you could to stop them from taking me. You were more of a father to me than our own. You did everything for me. But you were just a kid. A kid looking after another kid. You did everything you could. I don't blame you for anything." I tell him. "You protected me for as long as you could. And you're protecting me now." I say.

"You're giving me a place to sleep. A place to call home. You're giving me a new family. The burden of protecting me doesn't fall solely on you anymore. Haven't you heard 'It takes a village to raise a kid.' And you raised me all on your own. But now, it's not just you. I can take care of myself. But I've done that for so long. I have you again. And we both have a whole guild to help. Nothing that happened to me was your fault. And please don't think it is." I tell him. Lucas grabs me and pulls me into a hug, holding me tight.

I hug him just as tightly back. "I love you Lucas. You have done so much for me. Don't think otherwise. Everything will be okay." He kisses the top of my head. "Plus, I'm stronger so I can stop anything else from happening. And you're stronger now as well. So you can help me." I tell him. He lets go and looks me in my eyes. "If you ever need anything, Money, food, help. I don't care. Just come to me. And I will do everything i can to help. I have a lot of time to make up for." Lucas says. "Yeah you do." I tell him a laugh escapes the both of us.