Chapter 15: It'll All Be Okay

House Of The Rising Sun
~ The Animals

"There is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God, I know I'm one"

"There is a house in New OrleansThey call the Rising SunAnd it's been the ruin of many a poor boyAnd God, I know I'm one"

CHAPTER 15: IT'LL ALL BE OKAY

        Nadine stood in an elevator next to Vanya, leaning her back against the wall. "Well, that went as well as any Hargreeves family function." Allison stated.

        Klaus exhaled from his spot on the ground and rubbed his shoulder. "I feel so violated." He muttered to himself. "I need an herbal bath." Klaus turned to where Wren stood in the elevator, staring at the space beside her. "You had no right to possess me."

        Nadine rolled her eyes. "It hurts when you fight it. Just don't fight it." The girl stated, making the siblings turn to her and lift an eyebrow. "What? Wren has possessed me on occasion..." she spoke quietly, her eyes traveling to stare at the door.

        As some of the others started conversing, Vanya turned to the younger girl. "How do you do it?"

        Nadine tilted her head. "Do what?" The woman spoke with her hands.

        "You know, control your powers."

        The girl nodded with a small "oh." Nadine pursed her lips and looked at the ceiling. "I have to concentrate really hard. I also use things to channel my magic in to so that it comes out more stable." Vanya furrowed her eyebrows in confusion so the girl continued. "Warlocks, wizards, and witches alike use objects to channel their magic in to. Without those objects, it's harder to control their powers. Magic is like a storm. Chaotic. Destructive. Unpredictable. Using an object helps the magic-user concentrate their power into something to control it."

        Vanya nodded and snapped her fingers. "Like wands in Harry Potter?"

        Nadine clapped and smiled brightly. "Yes! Exactly like that." The elevator bell rang and the doors opened slowly.

        "So much for having my back in there. At least Nadine tried to help. Team Zero my ass." Diego stomped out of the elevator and the rest of them followed closely behind, Luther pulling Klaus by his ankle in the rear. The girl stepped forward to go after him but stopped, knowing he needed to cool off.

        "So, you concentrate and/or use an object to concentrate your magic in to?"

        Nadine nodded at Vanya's question as they walked down the stairs of the building. "Before the last apocalypse, you used a violin as your object. You controlled an entire group of people to sit down and continue playing music. It was horrifying, but beautiful. Some objects can even amplify the magic of the user, like my necklace here." Nadine lifted a hand up and grabbed onto the chain around her neck, rubbing her fingers over it. "My coven made this for me. This is my object."