Chapter 25: Let's Do This

Cherry Bomb
~ The Runaways

"Stone age love and strange sounds too
Come on, baby, let me get to you
Bad nights causing teenage blues
Get down ladies, you've got nothin' to lose

Hello, daddy, hello, mom
I'm your ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb
Hello world I'm your wild girl
I'm your ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb"

Hello, daddy, hello, momI'm your ch-ch-ch-cherry bombHello world I'm your wild girlI'm your ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb"

CHAPTER 25: LET'S DO THIS

"We need to move, okay? That is more important here. That is our only option."

The siblings had been arguing for 10 minutes now and it was all flying straight over Nadine's head. She just needed to rest her eyes for a second, then she'd be okay. Her head pounded and goosebumps covered her arms, even though she was wearing a jacket.

She felt like something was wrong. Like she was missing something. Like something is coming. What is it?

"We need to box those windows and stay here." Diego rebutted.

It was never ending. Their arguments were going to cause them all to get caught and go to jail.

"I'm leaving." Vanya's words caused everyone to go silent. Nadine picked her head up off of Five's shoulder and squinted at the woman.

"What? To go where?" Allison interrogated. The girl was wondering that herself.

"Sissy's farm. Something's wrong with Harlan, and I need to help him." The other sister explained.

"Vanya, we need to stick together, okay? Now more than ever." Luther took a step forward while he spoke. Five sighed and leaned back further into Nadine making her tighten her grip some more, her heart skipping a beat.

"That's why I'm telling you this. Whatever's going on with Harlan, I think I might've caused it." Vanya reasoned.

"How?" Luther asked, raising an eyebrow.

Vanya swallowed thickly. "He drowned, and, uh, somehow I was able to bring him back to life. And now it's like we're connected." The sister explained. "Wh- what does that even mean?" Luther shook his head in confusion.

"I don't know. I can't explain, but- I know that he needs my help. I need your help, too." Vanya sighed after her confession. "I'm scared. And for the first time in my life, I don't wanna do it alone. I want my family by my side."