Chapter 14

Hermione stared at Ron, taking a step back as he took one closer, but what she hadn't seen coming was what he did next. He tightly wrapped his arms around her, pulling her in for a hug. 'Thank Merlin you think the same way about it.' Ron said.
'Excuse me?'
'I was thinking same, Hermione, I think we would be better off as friends, you know. I mean that worked for us best. Don't get me wrong, I liked our time together, but it wasn't what it should've been.'
'Really?' Hermione asked, rather surprised by this sudden reveal.
'Yes, like I said we had a good time together, but it'd be best to be just best friends again, just like old times. But without the maniac who's trying to kill our best friend.' Ron said with a smile.
'I'm glad you think the same.' Hermione smiled.
'I'm glad you do.' Ron chuckled. 'If it weren't for you to break up with me now, I'd probably have done it in one of the upcoming days.' Ron said.
'So back to friends again?'
Ron nodded, pulling Hermione in for another hug.
'Do you want to go back to the Great Hall?' Ron asked, pulling away.
'You can go, I'm off to the library.' Hermione smiled.
'Are you sure? You haven't eaten breakfast yet.'
'Breakfast is done anyway, I'll just eat more during lunch to compensate.' Hermione smiled.
Ron nodded and Hermione turned around to make her way over to the library.
'Oh Hermione?' Ron said.
Hermione turned back to face him.
'When are we going to tell everyone?' Ron asked.
'Whenever you want, you can tell them when you see them.' Hermione said.
'Okay.' Ron nodded, turning around and walking back in the direction of the Great Hall.
Hermione looked at Ron as he walked away from her before she noticed someone staring at her. She looked past Ron and saw Draco standing just around the corner looking at the both of them. Hermione gave him a small smile and a wave before she turned around and continued towards the library. When she arrived there she searched the book she needed for her assignment and sat down in the library. She stayed in the library for about an hour before getting up from her seat, grabbing the book and making her way out of the library. She walked up the stairs towards the seventh floor and told a bored looking Snape the password before making her way into the common room. Hermione walked up to her room, grabbing one of her own books, placing the library book on her desk, before walking back into the common room and sitting down in the armchair in front of the warm fire.

'Oh shit, I forgot the book in the library.' Draco said.
'Alright, we'll see you at lunch.' Blaise said.
Draco nodded and turned around, walking back to the library. He had been too caught up in his thoughts, doubting if he should or shouldn't tell Hermione about his feelings. And what if he would tell her? What did he expect her to do? Break up with her boyfriend? It would be better for her, wouldn't it be? But what if she thought he had a motive behind it all? And what if she didn't feel the same way? Draco passed the corner and looked up from the ground, only to see Hermione hugging Ron in the corridor. No, he wouldn't tell her, it was not the time to say and perhaps that time would never come. 'Do you want to go back to the Great Hall?' Draco heard Ron ask as he pulled away.
'You can go, I'm off to the library.' Hermione said.
Draco frowned, not sure whether he wanted to go to escape having to see them together or stay to see where this was headed. Draco looked around him, but they seemed to be the only ones in the hallway. Draco turned back to face the couple and saw Hermione wanting to walk away, only to turn back to Ron a second later. 'When are we going to tell everyone?' he heard Ron ask.
'Whenever you want, you can tell them when you see them.' Hermione told him.
'Okay.' Ro nodded, turning around and disappearing into the Great Hall. Hermione then seemed to notice Draco and gave him a small smile and a wave before she turned around and turned the next corner, disappearing from his view. Draco furrowed his eyebrows, staring at the spot where Hermione had just been standing. What were you talking about? Had something happened? Ron had asked when they would tell everyone, but what was it that they had to tell? What if he asked her to marry him?