Chapter 19

When Hermione woke up the next morning she felt horrible. Not only because of what happened last night, but it seemed like she had gotten a fever on top of it all. She groaned and turned around, taking the extra pillow on her bed and pressing it against her stomach, which was aching really bad. She tried to push herself out of bed, but she didn't feel good at all and decided it'd be best for her to not go to her classes that day. She pulled the duvet up to her chin and curled up in it, just as she heard a soft knock on her door.
'Hermione?' she heard from the other side of the door. 'Hermione, are you there?'
She remained silent and then the doorknob turned, but the door was still locked so it remained closed. 'Come on Hermione, I know you're in there. Please open the door.'
'I'm not feeling well.' Hermione called back.
'Can you at least come out of your room?' Draco asked. 'We can go down to get breakfast.'
'I'm not feeling well, I'm not going.'
'Hermione- please come out of your room.' Draco sighed.
'No, I'm staying here. Go downstairs. I'll see you later.'
'Promise?'
Hermione pressed her lips together into a thin line.
'I'm not leaving before you promise me that I'll see you later.'
'That's not my problem, you'll miss breakfast.' Hermione said.
'I don't care.' Draco called.
'Alright, I promise. Now go away.' Hermione groaned.
'Okay.'
Hermione heard him walk away and close the door that lead to the hallway on the seventh floor. After a while Hermione looked at her watch and saw breakfast had just finished. She waited for another twenty more minutes before she got out of bed. She pulled something easy on and left her room and then the common room. She walked down towards the kitchen and when she arrived there all the house elves looked up at their guest.
'Miss Granger! What happened to you?' Honey asked concerned, running towards her.
'Oh nothing to worry about Honey.' Hermione said with a small smile. 'I just don't feel very well.'
'Can Honey make Miss Granger something?' Honey asked.
'Could you get me some breakfast?'
'Of course Honey can get Miss Granger breakfast.' Honey said and she walked off.
Hermione sat down at the table and Honey placed a plate with food in front of her.
'Thank you.' Hermione said.
'Would Miss Granger like to talk to Honey?' Honey asked.
Hermione looked up at the house elf and offered her a small smile.
'I don't really feel like talking at the moment, I'm sorry Honey.' Hermione said.
'Miss Granger does not need to apologize to Honey! Honey should never have asked it, stupid Honey, stupid Honey.' Honey said.
'You're not stupid Honey! I'll tell you later, just not now, okay? Honey you're a great friend.' Hermione said smiling.
Honey looked at Hermione with big eyes.
'Fr-friend?' Honey asked.
'Yes.' Hermione smiled.
'Miss Granger is also a great friend.' Honey said.
Hermione smiled. After Hermione finished her breakfast she said goodbye to Honey and the other house elves and went back up the staircases to the seventh floor.
'Miss Granger, don't you have classes to attend?' Snape asked sceptically, raising one eyebrow at her.
'Good morning professor.' Hermione said, ignoring his question. 'Time turner.' Hermione said.
The door opened and Hermione stepped into the common room before she crossed the room and headed over to her bedroom, where she let herself fall back on her bed. What had Draco been talking about? With what had Ginny been helping him? And what would Draco think of her? She was acting like a complete moron at the moment. They weren't even together, they were friends. Why did she have to react the way she did? Hermione furrowed her eyebrows as she pulled the duvet up to her chin and closed her eyes. She was quite tired after having had a sleepless night and before she knew it, she had fallen asleep.

Hermione walked through the corridors of the castle. When she passed a corner she saw a familiar head of platinum blonde hair that belonged to Draco. He was standing with his back towards her and as she walked closer she saw a ginger-haired girl standing opposite him. She took a step to the right to have a better view at Ginny, only to freeze to the spot when she could see her best friend clearly. Draco was leaning forward and his lips touched Ginny's within a matter of seconds. What should Hermione do? Run? Pass them? She chose the first option. She turned around and turned the corner she had just passed, only to bump into someone as she did.
'I'm sorry.' she mumbled, stepping back and looking up, only to see it was Harry she bumped into.
'That's alright.' Harry said. 'Have you seen Ginny?'
'Uh- no.' she quickly answered.
'Alright then, I'll go and look for her again.' Harry said.
'Do you want me to help?' Hermione asked.
'Yes, sure.' Harry nodded.
'If you look that way, I'll go this way.' I said, pointing at the corner behind me.
'Alright.' Harry nodded before walking off. Hermione waited for Harry to be out of sight and far away from his cheating girlfriend. What should she do? Go back? Tell Ginny her boyfriend was looking for her while she was snogging someone else? Someone her best friend was slowly but surely falling for. Or should she just go to the library and wait there, but that would mean she'd have to pass the two of them. Hermione straightened her back and took a deep breath in before she passed the corner again and quickly walked past the two of them.
'Hermione?' she heard Ginny say behind her. Hermione stopped in her track and turned around to face them.
'Yes?' she said coldly.
'It's not what it looks like.' Ginny said.
'What do you mean?' Hermione asked, ignoring Draco who was staring at her. 'Do you mean the part where Harry is looking for you while your lips are attached to someone else that isn't your boyfriend?' she asked, glaring in Draco's direction. Ginny looked down at the ground.
'I knew it, I knew I was right. And you! How dare you tell me you didn't like her like that? When it clearly is!' Hermione shouted at Draco. 'And you! How dare you? Harry loved you so dearly and you betray him like this? Are you bloody nuts!' she exclaimed, turning back to Ginny. 'And with him for Merlin's sake!'
Ginny looked up and Hermione saw tears rolling down her cheeks. 'It's a good thing for you that I didn't tell Harry what you were doing while he was looking for you.'
'What didn't you tell me?' Harry asked calmly behind her. Hermione looked over Ginny's shoulder and saw Harry walk up to them. 'Well? Am I getting an answer?' Harry asked.
'Nothing.' Hermione quickly said, glaring at Ginny and Draco. 'I'm off.' Hermione said, turning around and walking off.
'Gin, are you alright?' Harry asked concerned.
'Harry- I need to tell you something.' Ginny said.
Hermione walked further towards the library. She didn't want to hear what was to come, this was between Harry and Ginny. She felt like someone had stabbed a dagger into her heart, not just once but multiple times. Hermione quickly ran up the stairs, only to bump into someone, again. She quickly looked up and saw it was Ron this time.
'Oh it's you.' she muttered.
'Hello to you too.' Ron grinned. 'Are you okay?' Ron asked concerned when he saw Hermione's wet cheeks. Hermione touched her cheek and felt it was wet. She hadn't even realised she had been crying.
'Yes, don't worry about me.' Hermione said, quickly wiping the tears from her cheeks with her sleeves.
'Are you sure?'
'Yes, if I were I would go check on Harry.'
'Why?'
'I think he could use his best friend.'
'But you're his best friend too.'
'I'll come in a bit.' Hermione told him before running further up the stairs. After about an hour of trying to calm herself down she made her way over to the Gryffindor common room, where she found Ron sitting on the couch.
'Hi.' Hermione said.
'Oh thank goodness you're here!'
'What's the matter?'
'Harry locked himself up in the bathroom and he doesn't want to tell me what happened.' Ron said.
'He doesn't want to come out of the bathroom?'
'No, he ran in there and locked the door.'
'Ronald, this is your seventh year at a school for witches and wizards and you don't remember you can unlock a door with a spell?' Hermione asked.
'I tried, but it didn't unlock.'
'I'll try.' Hermione said.
'How are you?' Ron asked as he followed her up to the bathroom.
'Great, can't be better.'
'You look er- sad.'
Hermione rolled her eyes as she stopped in front of the bathroom door. 'Harry?'
'Go away.' she heard Harry say.
'Harry, please open the door.'
'I said go away.'
'I'm not going anywhere until you opened the door.' Hermione said. 'Alohomora.' she muttered, pointing her wand at the lock, but nothing happened.
'That won't work, just go away.' Harry called.
'Potter open the bloody door!' Hermione exclaimed.
'No.'
'Harry, I know what happened and it sucks, but you can't lock yourself up in the bathroom forever. Just open the door.' Hermione said. 'Please Harry.'
She heard Harry let out a painful moan, making her heart skip a beat. 'Harry? Harry! Open the door! OPEN THE DOOR HARRY!'
'Get out of the way.' Ron said, pulling Hermione away from the door as he pulled his wand out of his pocket. 'BOMBARDA!' Ron yelled and the door exploded.
Hermione quickly ran into the bathroom where Harry was lying on the ground. 'Harry? Harry! Wake up!' Hermione said, desperately shaking his shoulder. 'Ron, do something!' Hermione called over her shoulder.
'We can't do anything, he's gone.' Draco said behind her. Hermione turned around and saw Draco standing in the doorway with Ginny hiding behind him.
'What do you think you're doing here?' Hermione asked, glaring at the both of them. 'Look what happened! He needs to go to the hospital.'
'Didn't you hear Draco? He's dead Hermione, there's nothing you can do about it.' Ginny said.
Hermione stared at Ginny with widened eyes. Did she really just say that?