Chapter 65

Draco was already untying the robes that were tied around George’s arms and legs and Ginny jumped in and removed the ducktape from his mouth.
‘What happened?’ Ginny asked.
‘Honestly? I don’t know, one moment I’m standing and making some adjustments in the shop and the next moment I wake up, tied down and I’m sitting on the ground of my new shop all alone in the dark.’ George said.
‘Then Hermione came here-‘ George started.
‘Hermione was here?’ Draco asked, looking up at Ginny.
‘What happened? Where is she?’ Ginny asked.
‘If you just let me finish.’ George said.
‘A guy who looked exactly like me came in and a girl with dark hair.’ George said.
‘At first I thought it was Fred, but that’s not possible.’ George said.
‘What happened with Hermione?’ Draco asked.
‘The guy hit her hard against the head with something, she was knocked out and they took her. I tried to free myself, but I couldn’t.’ George said.
‘DAMMIT!’ Draco said, getting up.
‘How long ago did that happen?’ Ginny asked.
‘About an hour.’ George said, rubbing his wrists.
Draco slammed into the wall he was standing closest to. Ginny got up and grabbed both of his arms, turning him so that he had to look at her.
‘Don’t worry, we’ll find her.’ she said.
‘She’s gone.’ he said softly as a tear rolled down his cheek.
‘We’ll find her, we just have to act quickly.’ Ginny said.
‘Go back to Hogwarts and warn McGonagall, I’ll get the others and come your way as quickly as possible.’ Ginny said.
‘I’ll come with you.’ George said.
Draco nodded and they fast took off to Hogwarts. When they arrived there they ran up the stairs up to McGonagall’s office.
‘Professor!’ Draco said as he stormed in.
McGonagall looked away from the professor she was talking to, to look at Draco.
‘Mister Malfoy-‘ McGonagall started.
‘Hermione is gone.’ Draco said.
McGonagall looked at him.
‘What did you say?’ she asked.
‘She’s gone, taken.’ Draco blurted out, not knowing what to do with himself, so he started to walk around the office.
‘Could you excuse us?’ she asked the professor.
He got up and walked out of the office leaving them alone.
‘What do you mean with taken?’ she asked.
‘Someone took her, we don’t know who, or how, or even why.’ Draco said pacing around.
McGonagall looked up at George, who looked with pity at Draco.
‘We’ll find her.’ George said reassuring.
‘Where do we start looking?’ Draco asked.

‘We’ll have to act fast, we’ll let the Ministry of Magic know. We can’t do anything, but let them do the work. They’re specialists.’ McGonagall said.
‘I can’t just wait around.’ Draco said.
‘Draco.’ George said.
‘We can’t do anything.’ he said.
‘Are you nuts?’ Draco exclaimed.
‘Mister Malfoy, I know how hard this must be for you, but you can’t do anything. We’ve got to leave it to the specialists! If you’re making your own plans, you can slow them down! Our priority and so will theirs be, is finding Hermione and bringing her home safely. Now the Ministry people will want to talk to both of you. They need all the information there is. So please just cooperate and listen to them.’ McGonagall said.

‘So what happened?’ the inspector asked.
McGonagall had informed the Ministry of Magic and they had send one of their man their way immediately to ask questions that could help with the search to the place where Hermione was. The guy had introduced himself by the name “Crawford”. George was the first to be questioned.
‘I was doing something for the new shop in Hogsmeade and all of a sudden I was knocked out by something. I woke up in the shop, only now I was tied down and was seated on the ground with ducktape over my mouth. Hermione came in and when the light was switched on I saw a guy who looked exactly like me coming up behind her and he knocked her out with what looked like wood.’ George told him.
‘The guy looked exactly like you?’ Crawford asked.
‘Yes, at first I thought it was my…. twin brother….. Fred, but that’s not possible.’ George said.
‘Could it be your brother… what’s his name? Finn?’
‘Fred and no it’s not possible, Fred’s…. he’s dead.’ George said.
‘When did he die?’
‘Wizarding war.’ George said.
‘He was killed.’ he added.
‘Are you sure?’
‘YES I AM SURE! I’VE BURRIED MY OWN BROTHER!’ George said irritated.
‘Maybe it’s time to take a break.’ McGonagall said.
‘No, sorry, go on.’ George said.
‘Mister Weasley-‘ she started.
‘No go on, I can handle it! We can’t lose time, go on, next question.’ George said.