CHAPTER 30

Roshnak and Grodish had lost several hours circling around the hills above Nual-Deu. This necessary precaution turned out to be the right decision as they reached the river Vaang. They were almost at the same place, from where the goblin king recently took them as prisoners. In the distance, they saw the military formation heading west across the swamplands. And probably towards their homes.

"Goblins lost this one." Grodish stated the obvious.

Roshnak nodded, spitting to the ground. He immediately turned around, heading north, following the river. Half-orc was right behind him, amazed with shaman's fast pace.

"I thought I was the one without patience." half-orc whispered.

"We need to reach Zhinnaeg before the goblin king does." Roshnak retorted "It seems there is something in there for that little rat, and I would like to find out what."

"He was interested in orc settlements." Grodish said "What do you think he seeks?"

"I am not quite sure." shaman was puzzled too "But I believe I'll know once we get there."

"But what about that human? We just let him walk away." half-orc felt betrayed "What about him? This has nothing to do with him."

"That is not true. Think about it. You'll need an army, just to have a chance of coming near him." Roshnak said "And Zhinnaeg might be just the place where you can find one."

"As if they are going to risk an open confrontation with humans, for me." Grodish answered "Especially not for me, a half breed, whose blood is tainted with that human dog, who dared to..."

"Enough!" the shaman yelled "Don't you ever say anything like that. Do you hear me? There is proud orcish blood inside of you. Blood of your brave mother, who gave her life to protect you." Roshnak turned around, grabbing half-orc's shoulders "Never forget her sacrifice."

Grodish looked down out of shame. Shaman was absolutely right. But still, deep in his heart, he knew that many orcs were not thinking his way.

"Why do you think the orcs will gather the army for me?" half-orc asked, after a while.

"They will, if their king says so." Roshnak smiled.

"Their King? You know the king?" The half-orc looked astounded.

"If my plan works, you'll become their king."

Grodish's eyes widened, as he grinned from ear to ear. It was an absolutely insane idea, but he liked it a lot.

"Tell me more, I want to know everything." half-orc said cheerfully, as they continued their journey north.

There, far away in the foothills of mountain Laorn was Zhinnaeg. Orcish town, and a fort. It was the first line of Chaygor defense, against the humans.