Chapter 21: Dumbledore's Quest

Things had been going okay for the last couple of weeks. Draco still ignored Daisy and it did bother her, but she didn't show it. She was completely done with showing him that she cared. She just focused on her studies. Even though that was rather hard with both Draco and Neville in her class. She got pissed whenever she looked at Draco and stopped focusing whenever she looked at Neville. Kind of frustrating.

Daisy yawned. Professor Flitwick just kept going on and on about some spell that Daisy didn't even cared about. Daisy had fallen asleep if Blaise didn't shake her awake.
"Stay awake, professor Flitwick is going to assign us partners." He said.
"Yeah yeah okay." Daisy stretched her arms and sat up straight.
"Okay so the partners for this assignment." Professor Flitwick said in his high voice.
"Harry Potter and Luna Lovegood, Seamus Finnigan and Cho Chang, Pansy Parkinson and Gregory Goyle, Draco Malfoy and Daisy Potter...." Daisy immediately looked up. After professor Flitwick was done calling out all the groups, Daisy rushed towards him.
"Uhm, professor, I think there is a mistake. I can't work together with Draco. Him and I are kind of... not friends anymore." She said, while looking down on the dwarf-size professor.
"I'm sorry miss Potter. These are the groups I have chosen. My apologies." He said in his squeaking voice. Daisy sighed and walked towards Draco. She gave him an angry look.
"Okay listen, we have to work together so you'll have to treat me normally. After this class we're done." Daisy said Draco just nodded and they started their assignment.

The class seemed take an eternity, but when it was finally over, Daisy was the first to have left the classroom. During the day Daisy kept getting signed up together with Draco. It seemed like all the professors were in some kind of conspiracy to make them friends again. Not like that would work. The day seemed like it was never going to end. That's why Daisy was so relieved when she was sitting at the Slytherin table for dinner. She told her friends that she thought that all the professors had planned that Draco and Daisy would be paired everywhere and they seemed to believe her.
"I think you're right." Pansy said. Blaise just nodded. At that point Daisy felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see Harry standing there.
"Yes?" She asked.
"Dumbledore wants to see us in his office." Harry whispered. Daisy nodded and said goodbye to her friends before she left.

"Do you know why Dumbledore wants to see us?" Daisy asked. Harry shrugged.
"No idea. I know just as much as you do." Daisy nodded and looked away. Why would Dumbledore want to speak to both of them? They hadn't done anything wrong? Right?

Daisy got more nervous as they got closer to the office. Harry looked at her and than looked at the massive bird-like statue in front of them. Harry walked closer and whispered some words Daisy couldn't understand. Soon enough, the statue started to turn and a staircase appeared. The twins followed the staircase until they reached a door. Daisy knocked on it and someone inside answered with: "Come in. I have been waiting." Daisy opened the door and walked in, followed by Harry. They sat down on the two chairs in front of Professor Dumbledore's desk. Dumbledore himself walked away from his phoenix and sat down on a some what larger chair. He wrapped his hands in each other and gave the two a warming smile.
"Are we late, professor?" Harry asked.
"Oh no, not at all. Just in time. Does anyone fancy a lemon drop?" Dumbledore calmly replied. Daisy politely shook her head and Harry rejected as well.
"Oh well. More for me." Dumbledore said, shrugging.
"I don't want to seem rude by getting straight to the point, but why have you brought us here, professor?" Daisy impatiently said. Dumbledore turned to her and raised his eyebrow.
"I see. I always knew you were straight forward." Dumbledore said. He lowered his eyebrow and gave her another warming smile.
"Very well. I shall tell you the reason of your visit to my office. I am searching for something. A locket, to be precise. One that belonged- or belongs- to Tom Riddle." Daisy almost choked on her own breath hearing that name.
"You mean Voldemort!?" She said. Dumbledore nodded.
"Precisely." Harry looked at Dumbledore in utter shock.
"And do you know where it is?" He asked. Dumbledore nodded again.
"Oh yes, I do know the exactly where this locket is located. It is hidden in a seaside cave. A cave where Tom had hurt two other children back in his days at the Wool's Orphanage, which Harry already knows." Dumbledore said, pointing his hand towards Harry. Daisy slowly turned her head towards Harry.
"Which Harry already knows, huh?" She said, giving Harry an angry smile. Harry let out a little, nervous laugh.
"Oh yeah.. I uh.. forgot to mention it." Harry nervously said.
"You don't say." Daisy annoyingly said before turning her head back to Dumbledore. He was still sitting their, with his hands wrapped in one another, trying to hide how amusing he found their little argument. Dumbledore cleared his throat and continued.
"Normally I would not have asked something like this of you. But I cannot retrieve this locket alone. I shall need all the help I can get. My deepest apologies for asking something this dangerous of you, but, unfortunately, I must." Dumbledore said. Harry and Daisy looked at each other.
"When do we leave?" Daisy asked. Dumbledore smiled and said: "We leave tonight."