Chapter 23: The Slytherin Locket

The boat came closer and closer towards the light. Soon enough, the boat hit the icy crystals of the island. Daisy softly touched the cold, small, pillar-like crystals as she walked past them.

The twins and Dumbledore walked to the top in a sort of swirl. Once they reached the top, they say a crystal-like stand with a carved in bowl filled with some dark, emerald colored liquid. Daisy grabbed the crystal shell that was laying inside and started scooping out the liquid. But it didn't seem to become any less full. Like the liquid reappeared with every scoop she took. Daisy soon got enough and threw the shell back in the bowl, without spilling even a single drop of the liquid.
"What the bloody hell is this!?" Daisy asked, annoyed. Dumbledore turned to her.
"This, my dear child, is called the Drink of Despair or simply the Emerald Potion." Dumbledore said. Daisy gulped.
"That doesn't sound really reassuring." She said. Dumbledore chuckled.
"I cannot say any different, Daisy." He replied.
"What does it doe, professor?" Harry asked. Dumbledore sighed.
"The drinker of this potion will see flashes of what they most fear or regret. Or maybe both. It is rumored to be so bad, that the drinker will beg you to stop. Or maybe even to be killed. It is also impossible to remove or attack this potion in anyway possible. It must be drunk." He said.
"I'll drink it." Harry said.
"No." Dumbledore immediately replied. Before Daisy could say anything Dumbledore already said: "And neither can you. Both of you are to important to this world. This potion is not meant to kill. Only to incapacitate the drinker so Tom could interrogate this person." Daisy and Harry looked at each other.
"He would not want to immediately kill the person who had reached this island." Dumbledore corrected himself.
"Are you sure professor?" Harry asked. Dumbledore nodded.
"Now, who of you two will help me through this?" He asked. Harry looked at Daisy.
"Can you do it? I don't think I can do that to him." Harry asked.
"And you just assume I can?" Daisy asked.
"Daisy!"
"Okay, okay. Fine I'll do it." Daisy sighed and filled the shell with the potion.
"Before you do, do not stop. No matter how hard I beg you. Do not stop until all the potion is gone. Do you understand?" Dumbledore asked. Daisy gulped and nodded.
"Open up, professor." With that, she poured the first dose of potion in Dumbledore's mouth.

Dumbledore was sitting on his knees. It had been a few doses and he was looking miserable.
"Please, Daisy, I beg of you. Stop." He begged.
"Sorry, professor, but you specifically asked me not to." Daisy responded.
"I take my words back. Please, I don't want this anymore." Dumbledore desperately said.
"We're almost there professor." Harry said, trying to comfort him. Dumbledore started to shake is head and mumble.
"Last scoop professor. Hang in there." Daisy said. She slowly poured the shell empty in his mouth.
"Water. Harry water." Dumbledore said. Harry took the shell Daisy had put back and tried to cast 'Aquamenti' on it. But it didn't fill with water.
"Guessing the shell can't be charmed either." Daisy said. Harry sighed and walked down to the water below. Daisy carefully took something out of the bowl. It was a locket. The locket was a yellow-gold-ish color with the green Slytherin emblem on it. Daisy carefully let her hand slide over the smooth surface of the locket.
"Is this the locket, professor?" She asked, turning around to show him. Dumbledore could barely say anything so just nodded. Down there at the water Harry had filled the shell with water. But as soon as the shell was filled, the water started moving.
"Bloody hell!" Harry said, as he took a few steps back.
"What?" Daisy asked.
"The Inferni came to life." He responded.

The inferni started crawling up the island. Daisy and Harry started throwing spells at them, but nothing worked.
"AVADA KEDAVRA!" Daisy yelled.
"First of all, they're already dead." Harry said.
"I know! But I had to try something!"
"Yeah, but second of all, don't EVER use an Unforgivable Curse again. That spell murdered or parents, remember!"
"Okay okay. I promise." Daisy sighed and kicked an Inferni away and started throwing spells again. Suddenly the twins were surrounded by flames and saw the Inferni burn. They turned around to see Dumbledore standing against one of the crystal pillars waving his wand around.
"The Firestorm Incantation!" Daisy said.

Dumbledore lowered his wand as Harry ran to him to support him, because Dumbledore was still weak. Daisy quickly followed.
"You forgot the path." Daisy said, pointing at the flames. Dumbledore turned around and grabbed his wand again. He was leaning on Harry.
"Almost forgot." Dumbledore said with a smile. With just on flick of his wand, a path opened between the flames. Harry helped Dumbledore downstairs while Daisy rushed to get the boat out of the water. They helped Dumbledore inside the boat and got in themselves. With one last movement of Dumbledore's wand, the chain broke and the boat started drifting to the other side. Once arrived, the twins helped Dumbledore get out of the boat and they went outside. The three of them entered the wooden boat outside the cave and drifted back to the rock in the sea. Daisy and Harry grabbed Dumbledore's arms and they Apparated back onto the Astronomy Tower at Hogwarts.