Chapter 27 - The First Date

Arianna had practically ripped my bag to shreds trying to find something acceptable for my date

'Of all the stupid things to pack.' Ari pulled out a series of old t-shirts with smudges of paint on them. 'How many black t-shirts do you need?'

'Ari, I'm stressing out,' I said as calmly as possible in baggy sweat pants and a lacey bra that had seen better days. 'I've only got an hour left and I've only done my hair, can you please be serious.'

'You should wear this purple dress, it's the prettiest thing you've got that's restaurant appropriate.' It was the long-sleeved dress with a v-neck top I wore when I kissed Lycius. I opened my mouth and she yelled, 'He's not going to give a fuck if he's seen you in it before! Oh, and make sure you wear the star bra underneath.'

'They'll peek through the top.'

'Exactly. It will lead him to think about your boobs, then about your outfit at the club and how you danced on him in a thong; so he'll start thinking about your arse, then your nasty naked body in all its glory. It's perfect. You're going to be tormentingly beautiful that he'll want to skip out on the restaurant. Don't let him though.' She clamped her hands on my shoulders and forced me down on the little velvet cushioned stool at the vanity. I glowered at the dark bags under my eyes. I managed to fit in some hours of sleep when Lycius got back but that couldn't swat away the undead look. Ari's smug expression came into view. 'Stop worrying and let me work. God, you're worse than Katherine.' Ari took a bit of her liquid foundation and started dabbing the product on my face with her makeup brush.

'You do realise I'm darker than you,' I said.

'I'll fix it with some bronzer. Stop being a tit and let me make you beautiful.' After she caked my face she opened up the same eyeshadow palette she used on Lycius' eyes. She patterned my eyes in various shades of purple to match my dress and then offered me her black lipstick.

I lifted my hand to stop her. 'I want to be able to kiss him. No lipstick.'

'No lipstick?!' when I nodded, she looked like she wanted to check me into a clinic and have me checked. 'Alright, you're gonna look weird though.'

I grabbed one of my chokers, one that was a thick black ribbon with a red jewel hanging from it and Arianna smacked it from my hand. 'What?' I said.

'What if he wants to kiss your neck?' that was actually a very good point. 'Gotta be consistent with your own logic, as ridiculous as it is, and can you stop blinking every two seconds?'

'You're making me nervous!' I cried.

'You're making me nervous! Stop.' She huffed. 'And you two better do the deed tonight you goddamned nuns.'

'Gods you're so slow--give me!' I snatched the eyeshadow brush from her hand, and she nabbed it back and hit me upside the head. 'Ouch! Arianna!'

'You should know better as an artist that it takes time and patience... and that you should never steal someone's brush from their hand.' Gods, she was a sass monster today. I gave in and let her do what she wanted to my face. When she was done, I did a little smile at my gorgeous reflection. She grumbled, 'Yeah that's right. I'm a bloody artist too.'