Eight:

Survived

"What happened to her?" The guy asked, he's already done treating (yn). He stitches his deep wounds as well. And since (yn) and Corazon has a same blood type, Corazon didn't hesitate to lend his blood to (yn) to replace the blood that she lost from the battle.

(Yn) is still laying in her bed at his own little clinic.

"I can't tell you all the details as its her wish. But she got to some battle" Corazon finally answers. The guy who treated (yn) sigh as he looks so worried about her.

"I'm Maki. I'm her closest friend in this island, I'm a doctor also and I learn so much from her. And I'm very worried right now. The wounds that she got are all deep and if we didn't treat her immediately she will die from losing of so much blood. This is terrible." Maki said while staring at your face peacefully resting. Corazon remain silent and just like Maki he is just staring at you.

"I knew she is not just an ordinary traveler. Did she do something again to protect this island?" Maki ask then he turn around to look Corazon. The blonde guy frown at Maki.

"Again?" Corazon asks.

"I knew all along that she is doing something to protect the island. All the town people know it. She was our guardian. That's why everybody in here loves her. The town people also know about her being a wanted person. Thats why the town people is trying to protect her too." Maki explains. Corazon widen his eyes in surprised.

"They all know? S-she is--" Maki cuts him off.

"She is a mass murderer for some reason but she never harm anyone in this island, perhaps she helps everyone to heal when they are injured or having some serious illness. But we doesn't want her to know that we knew it. She is hiding her true identity for some reason and we respect it." Corazon smiles warmly.

"Now I know why she loves this island that she will even do everything to protect it. You people are so kind." Corazon said.

"So please dont tell her about it." Maki walks to the door of your little clinic.

"I will go for now, but I will visit her from time to time so that I can monitor her injuries and we can expedite her healing" Corazon just nod in response as Maki walks out from the clinic and leave the house.

Corazon stays inside the clinic and just watch you rest there. He doesn't want to leave your side even a second. He is now sitting beside your clinic bed.

"What I'm doing? I should be looking for Law now.. But for some reason, I'm stuck here. I don't want to leave your side." Corazon whisper as he gently touch your disheveled hair.

"Isn't it still because you saved my life? Do I still feel indebted to you?" He stroke your hair gently. He shook his head as he withdraw his hands. He remove his dark-red hoodie and he messes his own hair.

"I don't think thats it.. There is something more. I don't know, but I feel like you've been poisoned." He heave a deep sigh.

"A poison that's suffocating your life.. It doesn't look like it, but I'm sure you've been looking for an antidote."

"Let me atleast try to be your antidote."

~~

It's already dark outside and you're still unconscious. Corazon falls asleep in his chair when you suddenly shivers in your sleep. You have blankets and already wearing a thick jacket but your body is still shivering and you feel like your body is freezing. A soft wail escape your lips and you're struggling to breathe.

Corazon slowly waking up, he turn to you and immediately stands up as he saw you shivering and having difficulties in breathing.

"Whats happening, (yn)?!" He rush to your aid and gently touch your forehead and to his surprise you're burning in fever.