Section 8; Shifting

Shifting is the term used for when switching between your human and wolf forms.

Usually there are two types of shifting! Half-shifting and full-shifting! My way of explaining this would be like Derek Hale from Teen Wolf. He can shift into a true wolf, or he can half shift, where he isn't a wolf but he has the claws, fangs, ears, and other physical changes.

Half-shifting can also be like where they're more physically wolf than human but still human enough to be... Human...? (I think of Remus Lupin with this, or Fenrir Greyback.)

Full-shifting is when you turn into a literal wolf(obviously).

Most Wattpad authors will have the age of first shift into a full wolf between the ages 13 and 20. They also state that shifting is at first a very painful process with your bones and organs and skin reorganizing and reforming yourself into a wolf. Sounds pretty painful, but eventually a Werewolf would get used to the pain or the body gets used to it and the pain no longer exists when shifting.

Usually with both shifts you get the ears and the tail. I mean you literally have to have ears and a tail in your full-shift or else you would be incredibly uncoordinated and would not hear ANYTHING.

Next chapter is Mates, Marking, and Mating. I'm warning you I will not go very deep into the "mating" due to my awkwardness😬