3 - Birthday

I wake up one Saturday, a day I wasn't exactly looking forward to. I wasn't dreading it, though I do wish I could just sleep through it entirely.
Today is mine and Sirius' birthday.
Now usually people are excited for their birthdays, I am not.
Its not that I hate my birthday, its just that I've never really celebrated it.

When I was younger, mum would always say how stupid the idea of birthday's are, why should someone be celebrated simply for being born? And I guess she is right, it is rather stupid, I just wish I'd at least had one birthday celebrated.
Every year I would hope that she'd change her mind, but every year I was only disappointed, so I've kind of given up on the whole idea of celebrating my birthday.

I get out of bed and do my usual morning routine before heading down to breakfast, where I sit down with the boys and we discuss how we're going to spend the weekend, I believe we are going to end up spending it procrastinating the homework we have due on Monday.

After breakfast we head back to the common room and hang out.
James and Sirius begin playing a game of chess, which me, Remus and Peter watch. It was a pretty close game since both boys are just as smart as each other, but eventually James won and then Sirius, being the sore loser he is, began jokingly accusing James of cheating, though I'm really not sure how he could've cheated, and they ended up jokingly arguing over it.

We then just talk for a bit, and no more chess is played since some people get a bit too competitive.

And soon it is time for lunch.

We head down to the great hall and eat lunch. James, Sirius and Peter just joke around the entire time while Remus and I have a conversation about a book we're both reading.

On the way back to the common room, James, Sirius and Peter run ahead for literally no reason, but me and Remus didn't want to chase after them so we continued walking.

"What do you think those idiots ran ahead for?" Remus asks.

"They probably just decided to race each other or something." I answer.

"Yeah, probably," Remus agrees. "So, how are you?"

"I'm fine, why do you ask?"

He shrugs. "I dunno, you just seem kinda lost in thought today."

"Well, thanks for worrying, but like I said, I'm fine. How are you?"

"Pretty good." He shrugs and we arrive at the common room.

Remus says the password and we enter to find James, Sirius and Peter sprawled out on the couches, out of breath and panting like dogs.

"Tired?" I ask jokingly as Remus and I approach the trio.

"No, we're dead." Sirius answers, sitting up. I sit down beside him.

The five of us hang out for the rest of the day and it was a lot of fun, but I soon got tired and headed up to my dorm after saying goodnight to the boys.

I was heading over to my bed but freeze for a second when I see a package laying on it.

What's this?

I walk over and pick up the package. There's a letter on top of it addressed to me.

I open the letter and instantly recognise Regulus' handwriting. I read it, it says:

Dear Y/n,
How's Hogwarts? I hope you haven't forgot about me already. Home has been awfully boring without you and Sirius. I miss you both.
Mum seems really mad about you being in Gryffindor, I don't really understand why though, what house you're in shouldn't matter.
I can't wait to see you again, I really miss you. I've said that already, haven't I?
Will you be coming home for Christmas? I know you probably don't want to since Christmas at home is never really fun, but it's too quiet here.
Happy birthday, tell Sirius I say hi.
And there's two gifts in the package by the way, one for you and one for Sirius. I made them both myself, I hope you like them.
See you soon,
Love Regulus xx