22 - Picking Up The Pieces

After a month, I still hadn't talked to Remus. I spent most of my time hanging out with Lily, Alice and Marlene or Alex.

After another two dates, Alex asked me to be his girlfriend and I accepted. It's been great. We often hang out by the lake and it seems to have become sort of 'our spot'. He's amazing and I'm really happy with him.

"Hey, there's a Hogsmeade trip coming up," Alex says, running over to me while I was hanging out in the common room with the girls. "Maybe we could go on a date."

"Sounds fun," I respond, a smile appearing on my face.

"Perfect," He says, pressing a kiss to my cheek. "I'll see you later."

"Ugh, you guys are adorable, it's disgusting," Marlene says.

"Thanks Marls," I respond sarcastically.

~*𓃦*~

After a long week of classes and studying and homework, I couldn't be happier about this Hogsmeade trip. Finally a chance to relax and have fun.

I meet up with Alex in the common room and we head down to the carriages together.

We talk throughout the entire carriage ride and once we arrive at Hogsmeade we head to The Three Broomsticks for some butterbeer.

"So, how has your week been?" Alex asks me.

"It's been fine." I shrug. "I haven't really done much. Though I did finish the book I was reading."

"And so now you're immediately going to start reading another one?" He questions amusedly.

"Of course," I say. "How was your week?"

We stay here and talk for at least an hour.

Very suddenly, I notice Alex gets distracted by something.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom, I'll be back in a minute," He says, getting up and quickly leaving the table before I can even respond.

I look around in confusion, watching as he leaves the building entirely. My eyebrows furrow as I grab my jacket and follow after him, sensing something was going on.

I glace around the busy street, unable to spot him.

I sigh slightly before I begin walking around.

Suddenly Lily, Marlene and Alice come rushing over to me, Lily tightly holding Marlene by the arm. I'm confused by the murderous look on Marlene's face.

"Hey, I thought you and Alex were on a date?" Lily says questioningly.

"We were," I respond, still feeling extremely confused. "But he ran off. He made up some excuse about going to the bathroom but I saw him leave the Three Broomsticks. What's going on?"

"I'm gonna kill that bastard," Marlene mumbles, trying to pull free from Lily's grasp.

"Guys, seriously, what is this about?"

"We just saw him," Alice says softly. "Making out with his ex."

My heart drops. Remus was right.

I'm such a fucking idiot. How could I ever think someone could love me?

"Y/n, I-"

"I'm gonna go," I mumble, interrupting whatever Lily was about to say. "I want to be alone, please don't follow me."