31 - Summer With Remus

We arrived at the Lupins' home and I am instantly in love with the quaint cottage.
It was quite a small building with loads of flowers planted around the front. We enter the house and it is decorated exactly how I expected it to be. Beige walls and wood flooring, the place felt so positive and homey. There were many pictures of Remus as a young child on the walls and a few pictures of the family together.

"We'll be upstairs," Remus says to his mum before leading us to his room.

Sirius immediately goes and flops down on the bed while Regulus stands uncomfortably at the side of the room. Remus takes my hand and we go sit down on his bed.

"Hey, you have an owl right?" Sirius asks.

"Yes you can go write to James," Remus responds, immediately knowing what Sirius was going to ask. "There's some parchment on my desk."

"Thank you," Sirius says, getting up off the bed and sitting down at Remus' desk.

"Reg, you're allowed to sit down y'know," I say, noticing that he is still standing against the wall, seeming as though he's trying to disappear into it.

"I'm fine," He mumbles in response.

I roll my eyes slightly but decide to just leave him alone.

"So, how have your holidays been?" I ask Remus, lightly nudging his foot with mine.

"Pretty good," He answers. "I've had peace an quiet for the first time in ages. Probably because some people haven't been around to annoy me."

"Wow Remus, it's as if I'm not your favourite person ever," Sirius says distractedly, still writing to James.

"I've missed you," Remus says to me, taking my hand as I lean my head on his shoulder.

"Aww, I missed you too," Sirius says jokingly.

"I am going to kill him," Remus mumbles and I laugh lightly.

"Alright, just make it look like an accident," I say.

"You guys suck," Sirius says offendedly, turning around to face us. "Reg-"

"If you think I'm going to tell them not to kill you, you are mistaken," Regulus cuts him off.

"I hate you all," Sirius pouts. "And I miss James."

I smile as I look at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing some of Remus' old pyjamas, which are too big for me, but they're cosy and I love them.

I walk through from the bathroom to Remus' bedroom. Remus smiles at me from his bed as I walk in.

"Sirius, will you quit moving," Regulus grumbles. Him and Sirius are stuck sharing a blow-up mattress on the floor.

"I'm trying to get comfy," Sirius argues.

"I feel like I'm coming around to Remus' previous idea of making you sleep outside."

I go sit down beside Remus on his bed as my brothers bicker with each other.

"Are you sure your mum is okay with us sharing a bed?" I ask quietly.

"Yes, she is," Remus assures me. "Don't worry about it."

"If it matters at all, I'm not okay with you sharing the bed," Sirius chimes in.

"Your opinion doesn't matter," I say.

"Rude."

"Shut up and go to sleep."

"Yes, please, just go to sleep," Regulus says. "Or else I might smother you with this pillow."

Sirius pouts but does shut up.