20 - Homework, Sneaking and Illness

After the first couple weeks back at school, we already had a lot of homework to do, which sucks, homework sucks. Also, should it even be called homework here? We don't go home to do it.

But anyways, most of my time was spent in the library doing said 'home'work. So much time that I'm beginning to hate the li

We walk into the Transfiguration classroom and take our usual seats. James, Peter and Sirius talk loudly as we enter, Merlin they are bloody annoying.

I look over at Remus in concern. The full moon was only two days ago, he's clearly still exhausted, I don't think he should be here. But, of course, he's a stubborn ass and doesn't listen to me and decided to come to class anyways.

"Now, I would like for you all to hand in the homework I assigned you last week," McGonagall says.

"Shit." I hear Remus mumble. I look at him in confusion as he puts his head in his hands.

"Remus?" I question quietly.

"I forgot to do it," He groans. "The stupid full moon. I was too tired, I guess it slipped my mind."

I pull my own homework out of my bag. I know how important these grades are to Remus, and really I don't give much of a shit.
I quickly pull out my wand, muttering a spell to erase my name from the top and write Remus' there instead.

His head is still in his hands, so he doesn't notice what I've done.
I put the homework down on the desk before McGonagall walks over to collect it.

She looks at the parchment for a moment before looking between Remus and me.

"Miss Black, see me after class." She says before walking away.

Remus' head shoots up and he stares at me.

"What did you do?" He asks.

"We'll, it's clear the homework means more to you than it does to me, so-"

"Y/n, no, you shouldn't've done that," He says. "It's your work. I'll just tell McGonagall I forgot and get detention, it's not a big deal."

"It's really okay," I say. "You can't help the fact that you forgot, you've been exhausted this past week."

"Y/n-"

"Nope, I don't want to hear it. What's done is done. Deal with it."

He sighs. "Thank you. Really, thank you so much. I'll make it up to you."

"You don't need to do anything." I insist.

"No, I want to. I could do a piece of homework for you at some point."

"No, don't. Really, it's fine."

"I'll buy you chocolate." He offers.

I smile slightly. "Fine, I guess that will be okay."

"Alright. Next Hogsmeade trip, just you and me, we'll go buy a bunch of junk food."

Then McGonagall has done with collecting the homework and is now beginning the lesson, so our conversation has to stop.

After class, everyone else leaves while I go approach McGonagall's desk.

"Miss Black, after four years of teaching you, do you not think I can recognise your handwriting." She says and I freeze. Yep, didn't think that through.

"I'm sorry," I say quickly. "But the full moon, Remus forgot to do the homework and-"

"It's okay," She says calmly. "It is an excellent quality to be willing to do anything for your friends. You're not in any trouble, nor is Mr Lupin. But in the future, if he is unable to do any homework because of the full moon, he can just tell me, I understand that it is difficult for him."