[1/2] gunshots - 🌱💔

Request by @Anoukxyz hope you like it :D
Enjoy!
TW: School shooting, violent deaths (sorry 😭)
P.S.: Don't worry Charlie and Nick are not dying in this. I'm not that cruel. :)

It could have just been another geography lesson for Charlie, it could have been just another history class for Nick. It could have been different for everyone.
But barely 10 minutes had passed since the period started and a screeching alarm went off. A sharp bang broke a window nearby.
The teacher yelled and so did the students. You could hear the cries of agony coming from other classes.

So Charlie's first thought was obviously wondering where Nick, Elle and Tao were.
His heart was thumping in his ears and he could feel the color draining from his face as he hugged his knees under the desk. He couldn't help but let out soft cries as the gunshots continued to resonate around the hallway and more people fell.
He tried to disassociate from the world around him until it would be over. Clasping his hands over his ears, he swallowed back the urge to scream as loud as he could.

That was, until he heard a familiar voice scream. His eyes widened and his head whipped around to the sound.
And he could see that in the hallway, Tao laid there, if you could describe it as so. He had his hands to his stomach and his legs kicked around in the air, his screams muffled by cries of pain.
There were no more gunshots after that, but the teacher was still hushing at the students to keep down. Charlie however, didn't hesitate a second. He hurriedly got up from under the desk, earning a yelp of surprise from the teacher, and nearly tripped over sprinting to the hallway. Once Tao saw him he inhaled shakily and shut his eyes.

Charlie fell down next to Tao, tears rushing down his face as he looked around. A gun laid nearby, splattered in blood. Charlie turned his attention back to Tao.
"Tao! Tao, oh m-my god!" he sobbed, taking off his scarf and placing it on the bleeding wound.
"It- Ah- It hurts!" Tao whimpered, tears rolling down his cheek as he struggled to breathe.
"Y-You're going to be okay, you're going to be fine- T-Tao please, tell me you're going to be okay-" Charlie shook him gently, but Tao could feel his eyelids fluttering and his consciousness lacking.
"I'm s-sorry Charlie, I really a-am," Tao stuttered, hissing through the pain. His words were overlapped, and he knew he only had a couple seconds left. "You've b-been the best friend e-ever." he forced out a trembling smile and his eyes fluttered closed.
Charlie let out a piercing scream and shook Tao gently. "Tao. Tao no! Please!"
But it was useless.
Tao. He...He was gone.

Charlie could see out of the corner of his teary eyes that some other students had come out of their classrooms, but stayed a few metes back. He looked at them confused, and looked back to Tao, sobbing softly and pulling him to his chest.
"What are you all looking at?!" he yelled at the students. They all flinched and trampled back inside. He looked around even more confused until he realized.
The gun.
It was next to him.

"Stop right there! We saw you shoot everyone!" He heard a rough voice from behind. He whipped his head around and saw a group of policemen aiming a gun at him.
His eyes widened and he crawled back.
"I didn't- I wasn't- o-outside?" he stammered, fear taking over his gut.
But it was no use,because a second later, he felt hands pulling his arms behind him and clasping metal over them.

Should I make a part two in this or is it cringy asf? Should i let you guys suffer without a happy ending?