[01] conversations w/ friends

┌──── ⋆⋅ꕤ⋅⋆ ────┐

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄
conversations w/ friends

└──── ⋆⋅ꕤ⋅⋆ ────┘

( meet; pt. i )

Reggie sits alone on his side of the picnic bench, releasing a sound from his throat as a shiver entraps his body

Reggie sits alone on his side of the picnic bench, releasing a sound from his throat as a shiver entraps his body. His hands are clasped together, hiding between his legs as his body hunches towards the table slightly, trying to warm up as his friends Charlie and Isaac sit across from him. Isaac has his nose buried in a book, his thumb cozied between the pages to keep the book open. Charlie takes a sip of his drink through the straw, glancing to Reggie unintentionally, leading both to trade small smiles, Reggie's shoulders moving as he rubs his hands together.

"Are you okay?" Isaac looks up from his book to ask.

Reggie nods, bringing his hands from under the table and cupping them together before blowing warm air into them. "Fine, just left my gloves at home so. . ."

Isaac gives a curt nod before returning his interest to his book, blindly grabbing a carrot from his lunchbox. Two bottles of apple juice are placed down onto the yellow table, the three boys looking up at Tao.

"I did it again," he tells them, Reggie looking over to Isaac as the both of them share amusing glances, the latter taking a bite of his carrot. Tao sits down, dropping his bag to the grass. "I bought Elle's drink. Again."

"Didn't you do that yesterday?" Isaac asks.

Reggie places his elbow on the table, resting his cheek on his fist as he faces Tao, glancing to Isaac through the corner of his eye. "Why, yes, Isaac, he did."

Isaac lets out a quick laugh as Tao puts his hand gently to his forehead, exasperated. "And on Monday."

"Elle's not here," Charlie reminds. "She's not been here all week."

"I know," Tao sighs, his hand rapidly slapping the back of Reggie's when he attempts to grab one of the bottles. Reggie tilts his head down slightly, looking to his friend through his eyelashes with an amused face. "Sorry, take it," he mumbles before looking to Charlie. "I just keep forgetting."

Reggie inches towards the apple juice, testing the waters before snatching it and sliding it across to his side as Charlie gives Tao a sympathetic look. "Tao, you're allowed to miss her."

"Okay, fine. Obviously, it's better that she's at an all—girls school."

"She has Mars," Reggie says as he unscrews the lid of the juice. "She'll make her comfortable."

As Reggie lifts the bottle to his lips, Tao turns to him and starts making kissy noises, his face inched slightly towards his friend. Reggie rolls his eyes, swallowing the apple juice before he pushes Tao's face away with his hand. Tao looks to his friends. "You know, Mr Reed was still refusing to call her Elle."