[05] inner circle memberships

┌──── ⋆⋅ꕤ⋅⋆ ────┐

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
inner circle memberships

└──── ⋆⋅ꕤ⋅⋆ ────┘

( crush; pt. iii )

"Oh, Mars, hey

"Oh, Mars, hey."

Elle's voice has Mars look over as she shuts her locker door, smiling over to the girl with a hey in response.

"You weren't in English," Elle states, phrasing it as more of a question in the hopes of getting an answer without using so many words.

Mars nods, twisting the key in her locker. "Doctor's appointment," she replies, gently pulling her key in the lock to make sure that it's actually locked, paranoia getting the best of her. "Mum thought that there was no point going to school if I was going to leave an hour later anyway so I missed Music as well."

"Which was annoying," Mars sighs putting her keys into the pocket of her bag, zipping it up. She and Elle begin walking together down the corridor as Mars explains, "Since Miss gave us the lesson to do any last minute improvements on our coursework. I'm gonna use lunch tomorrow to catch up."

"I really don't think you need any," Elle says, complimenting Marcie's composition that she's listened to quite a few times over the past few months. "You could probably submit a blank paper in Music and they'd still give you a nine."

Mars blushes at the compliment, the conversation falling stale as she finds herself unable to come up with anything to further it. They fall into a comfortable silence, walking towards their form room where they find Darcy and Tara sat at their designated table, hands locked together between them as they smile and talk to each other.

Elle stops first, grabbing Marcie's wrist and pulling her back slightly to keep her out of sight. She looks to Elle with a quick look of confusion before peeking into the room, giving a small smile at how comfortable the two girls look with each other.

Turning the situation around, Mars switches Elle's grasp with her own, gently tugging Elle's hand forward to convince her to head into the classroom. Tara and Darcy are completely in their own world, not noticing the two girls walking in. Mars drops Elle's hand, beginning to play with the hair at the nape of her own neck as she patiently waits for Tara and Darcy to notice them of their own accord, not wanting to interrupt.

Elle, on the other hand, takes initiative, interrupting the conversation with a simple but hesitant hi, stopping the conversation in its tracks instantly, Tara and Darcy prying their hands apart as they stare at their friends like deer in headlights.