[04] a straight ( up ) intervention

┌───── ⋆⋅ꕤ⋅⋆ ─────┐

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
a straight ( up ) intervention

└───── ⋆⋅ꕤ⋅⋆ ─────┘

( crush; pt. ii )

Sitting at the end of the line of four boys, Charlie between Tao and Isaac, Reggie leans over Tao in order to get a better look at what Charlie is doing on his phone

Sitting at the end of the line of four boys, Charlie between Tao and Isaac, Reggie leans over Tao in order to get a better look at what Charlie is doing on his phone. His arm unnecessarily ( and unintentionally ) digs into Tao's leg, causing the boy to curb his pain with his face set in annoyance.

With one more dig into his skin through his jeans, Tao lets out a small groan of pain, grabbing Reggie's shoulder with both hands and pushing him off. "If you want to see so badly, sit on the bed," Tao says, now rubbing his leg to soothe the pain.

Reggie looks over to the bed, his body leaning forward slightly as his head turns. "Then I'd be lonely," he complains, eyes still set on the bed. He moves to look at Tao, lips pouting. "No one else would be on the bed."

Unamused, Tao blinks at Reggie. He knows he's doing this to annoy him —— for some reason, that's been his mission since friends went to best friends; but it's also how he shows his love so there's also no real harm behind it. "I can sit with you," Isaac offers, causing Reggie to break the staring contest him and Tao have been having to look over to him.

Reggie shakes his head. "Nah, it's okay."

He tries to bury his smile as he leans over Tao again, facing the window as the corners of his lips turn upwards and his eyes start to squint shut from the amusement. He doesn't have time to put his hand on the carpet between Tao and Charlie before Tao has enough and pushes him with more force, causing Reggie's hand to slam into the carpet beside him to ensure that he doesn't fall. "Seriously. Reg."

Knowing he's made Tao reach close to his breaking point, Reggie shows off a cheeky smile. Tao rolls his eyes, knowing he's just given Reggie what he wants. But Reggie also knows boundaries, so he doesn't try again. He pushes himself up off the carpet and heads to the bed, sitting behind Charlie, having a better view at what he's doing. Stalking through Tara's Instagram, the girl who Nick supposedly has a crush on.

"As your token straight friend, it's my duty to remind you that some people are straight," Tao says to Charlie as they all look at one of Tara's posts. "It's an unfortunate fact of life."

"Yes, Tao, it is unfortunate that straight people exist," Reggie comments, getting Tao to twist his neck to look to him with a deadpan expression, lips slightly pursed in annoyance.