[16] classroom kisses

┌──── ⋆⋅ꕤ⋅⋆ ────┐

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
classroom kisses

└──── ⋆⋅ꕤ⋅⋆ ────┘

( girls; pt. ii )

Today was the day; they would rehearse morning and afternoon and at five o'clock, the orchestra of Truham and Higgs would combine to perform

Today was the day; they would rehearse morning and afternoon and at five o'clock, the orchestra of Truham and Higgs would combine to perform. Marcie's nerves start to ignite when she sees how big the hall is. This entire place will be filled with rows of plastic chairs, strangers sat watching.

She never really got over her stage fright, though performing with a group made it a little easier. If you made a mistake then it would be difficult to figure out who made it, especially since most parents are focused on their own child than anyone else's.

Marcie and Darcy walk towards the hall, instruments by their side, a black strap hanging over Mars' shoulder that holds her violin case bouncing against her hip. She laughs at Darcy's comment of the disappointment in being a lesbian in an all boys school before the girl starts slapping her arm, causing Mars to give Darcy a weird look.

"Ooh, ooh, watch this. I'm finally gonna get her." Mars smiles at Darcy's excitement, staying a step behind her as they approach Tara and Nick. Darcy puts her trumpet to her lips as she gets closer, chest rising with air before she blows.

Even Mars is spooked when the sound comes out from the trumpet, being too close. Tara jumps, spinning around to find her girlfriend. "Darcy."

Darcy laughs. "Triumph at last."

"Come on, girls," Miss Hyder beckons the three. "We're running through it again in a minute."

"We're here all day if you want to meet us for lunch," Tara offers, bouncing on the balls of her feet.

Nick nods. "Yeah, that'd be nice."

"You'll have to minus one," Mars says as she raises her hand. "I'm probably going to be spending lunch with Reg."

Darcy and Tara share a look before oohing at Mars and she blushes, hiding her face by looking down at the floor, focusing on her shoes. She pulls a face at the girls as she looks up slightly and they laugh, all starting to walk over to the orchestra. Mars offers a quick wave to Nick that he returns before catching up with Tara and Darcy.

When lunch finally arrives, everyone in the orchestra packs away their instruments. Mars stays behind whist the other students head off to lunch, taking their lunchboxes out their bags or heading off without one to go to the cafeteria to buy food.