Ch. 15

When 8 minutes passed, Knuckles snook into the same hallway before hiding around the corner as he saw Tommy Thunder on the phone with someone. The red echidna heard Tommy said, "We did what you wanted us to do. It was the least we could do for you." Knuckles looked around the corner and saw Tommy was not upset as he said, "Yeah. You shoulda seen me. I was a natural." He then said as he continued talking on the phone, "Well I had practice during one of those soap opera hospital drama movies I was in." Knuckles asked, "Who is he talking to?" He shook his head and said, "I don't have time for this. I gotta see if it's Sonic. There's no way it's him." Knuckles walked passed the hall of the hospital. It took him 18 halls to reach the morgue. Though Knuckles was unaware that the coroner and the mayor caught a glimpse of him in the hallway and followed him. Once Knuckles entered looked around to see no one as he tried to find the fridge Sonic was contained in. Knuckles started to have cold feet both literally and figuratively. He then looked to see an unmarked fridge door, indicating him Sonics 'body' was inside it. The red echidna was nervous to know if it is whether or not Sonic. He opened the freezer entrance and pulled out the still covered corpse. Knuckles shaken by the sight of the white sheet covering the corpse. Before he can pull the sheet away he heard the mayors voice said, "HEY KEEP AWAY FROM THERE YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO BE HERE!!" The coroner and the mayor rushed to him but Knuckles quickly pulled the sheet off and it stopped both the mayor and the coroner. Knuckles thought it was at first Sonic, but one took a look at the 'corpse' made him realize it wasn't Sonic at all. It was just a life size doll that looked like him covered in make up (to make it look like they were bruises). Knuckles thought in shock, "This corpse is a fake." It was a relief for Knuckles knowing the corpse of Sonic was a fake but he wasn't too happy cause he sees the mayor and coroner knew about this. Knuckles raised his fist and said, "What the heck are you two trying to pull?!" The mayor laughed nervously and said, "Oh uhh.. funny story." Knuckles wasn't to happy about the mayor pulling his leg and fooling everyone. Knuckles looked at the doll before walking off. The coroner muttered to the mayor, "Do you think he's onto us?" The mayor replied, "Let's hope not. I mean I did approve a certain someone's request having Eggman arrested and have him gun down if he try to escape after all." Thats when a cop walked to them and said, "Well we confiscated all of his robots, including Steve Eggman and MomBot, also had all of his robots scrapped and melted at the junk yard, and his evil lair is now for sale. Looks like no one will ever be victims of Eggman again. Except the lightning bolts and the other few villains." The mayor said with a nod of approval, "I see."