Ch. 27

The next day, Sonic woke up and got out of bed and said as he looked out the window where the training ground is, "I better get to the training ground. It's time I put my speed to rest. I gotta help my father fight this war while helping my sister with the kingdom." Sonic got to the bathroom which is next to his room. He got to in the shower and thought as he got himself cleaned, "That heartless jerk can grieve for Shadow for all I care now. As for me. I'm sticking to seeking a beautiful girl to be my Queen. But that's only when I rule this kingdom." After Sonic got out of the shower, he put on his outfit and brushed his teeth as he thought, "It has been two or three days since the whole rejection thing and my heart has already withered away." Once he finished brushing his teeth he re-entered his bedroom and put on his crown. He opened the door and walked out to the courtyard. Greeted by the servants of the palace as Bastion said, "Ahh. Good morning young lord. Doing well?" Sonic answered as he was still walking, "Yes Bastion I am fine." Bastion then asked, "Young lord. Will you be joining your sister for breakfast?" Sonic replied with a mature tone, "In a little bit Bastion. Right now I gotta go join my Father at the training ground. When we're done we'll join Mother and Sonia for breakfast." Bastion responded with a typical butler tone, "Understood. I'll prepare the coffee." He walked off to the kitchen as Sonic entered the courtyard. There he sees Jules practicing with the other guards. One of the guards said as he noticed the cobalt hedgehog, "Good morning my young lord." Sonic walked to the guard and said, "Morning to you as well. I need practice to fight in my Fathers way." The guards were surprise at this as one of the guards asked, "Are you sure about that your highness?" Sonic nodded and said, "Yeah. My speed is nothing but a reminder of how foolish I was." One of the guards sighs and said, "Yes sire." Without hesitation Sonic practice how to fight like a real prince should be and also like his father. It was hard but Sonic didn't give up. He thought of the humiliation, the heartache, and the rejection and it made him stronger than he ever was. He practiced with one of the guards with a wooden sword. He stood his ground and fought with his might. Once they finished Sonic heavily breathed and said, "Scourge will be finished by our hands." Jules clapped and said, "Not bad son but you may need to practice a little more before your ready. We'll practice after lunch okay?" Sonic simply said, "Yes Father." Jules then said as he walked back in the palace, "Let's go Sonic. Don't wanna keep practicing on an empty stomach." Sonic followed and said, "Well I can't agree more Father." This was Sonics life now and it always has been. He made a vow to be the prince that the kingdom needs, the son that his parents needed, the younger brother his sister needed, and the fighter that the kingdom needed. He can't go back to being a hero anymore nor can he go back to being a 'lousy' team leader. He now has his purpose and is following his fathers footsteps.

<a week later>

Sonic just got up as he stretched. That's when Bastion knocked on the door and said, "Young Lord? It's me. Just wanna remind you to get ready for your sisters coronation." Sonic responded and said, "I'll be out shortly. Be sure that the coronation ball is perfect for my older sister." Bastion responded as Sonic was getting his formal outfit for the coronation on, "Right away sir." Without a second to loose, Sonic walked out just after getting ready and walked out to the ceremony.