Ch. 30

Knuckles arrived at the kingdom 'about 8 hours ago' as he looked around and said, "The kingdom certainly changed than the last time. Maybe with Eggman too busy taking over the island they had time to make it into a small town style kingdom. Let's just hope it can work out. But what did Shyla mean by it won't be an easy task to win his heart?" He recalled as her voice echoed in his head, "For his heart has withered into a fire-like hate." Knuckles answered himself as he walked to the kingdom, "Oh yeah that's what she meant." He then continued to talk to himself as he walked around, "She also said a bridge. Where could I find one?" He then catch the attention of a civilian and asked, "Excuse me. Do you know where I can find a bridge?" The civilian answers, "Ahh. That's no problem. It's over there by the palace." Knuckles thanked him and walked there himself.

<meanwhile>

Just after Sonic finished the meeting, he walked outside of the palace. He wanted to clear his head. It helps the cobalt hedgehog have some fresh air once in a while. Sonic walked to the bridge as the sunlight reflected his crown. When he stopped in the middle of the bridge, he turned to the side and leaned on one of the rails of the bridge. Sonic thought to himself, "Ugh. It's just stupid. He found me?! Next time I see that idiot I am so gonna show how 'heartless' I can be. I was being so nice back when I loved him. He's nothing to me now." He looked at the water down below the bridge with a deeply mad expression. He remembered every horrible thing Knuckles did to poor Sonic. It won't be a good reunion between the two of the them. The blue hedgehogs ears perked up as he heard footsteps approaching on the left. He growled very low like a mean old junkyard dog. He turned slowly to Knuckles 'who smiled at him with relief'. The red echidna only took a few steps towards him as Sonic took only 6 steps towards him angrily. But stopped in front of him about 2 or 4 feet from him with a a little upset expression. Knuckles said in tears of joy, "Oh Sonic. I'm so glad your alright. I'm so relieved I found you." Sonic didn't pay attention to what he just but said in a casual tone, "Echidna. I heard from the servants that you were here." Thats when Sonic lashed out angrily as he pointed the finger at him, "You got a lot of nerve showing your face here after what you did!" Knuckles frowned. He didn't think Sonic wasn't too happy. Knuckles reached for his face and said, "Sonic. I get it your upset. But I..." Sonic then said as he slapped his hand away, "DO NOT TOUCH ME WITH YOUR DIRTY HANDS! YOU PILE OF FILTH!!" Knuckles was shocked at what he just said. He felt his hand and said, "Sonic. Look I..." Sonic interrupted horribly, "I don't habe time for the likes of you!" Thats when Sonic walked off as Knuckles looked shocked. Knuckles said to himself just after Sonic went inside, "Something tells me this is not gonna be easy." Both were unaware that both King Jules and Queen Aleena were watching from above. Jules said in a angered tone, "Look at him Aleena. He's got some nerve coming here after breaking our sons heart." Aleena looked at him in sympathy and said, "Judging from what I saw. I think he's in love with our son now." Jules said in sarcasm, "Oh so now he loves him. How exciting?" Aleena then said flatly, "It would help if you weren't sarcastic honey." Jules replied as he hung his head down, "Yes dear." Aleena then said as she looked at him, "Look at him Jules. He is actually sorry. I see it in his eyes. Should we help him out?" Jules sighed before looking at him with pity, "Maybe your right. But listen I don't know if we can help him. I may need some time to think. I have a feeling that winning what's left of Sonics heart is no piece of cake for him." He then walked away as Aleena followed him 'just after looking at Knuckles once.' Knuckles sighed and said as he exited the bridge, "I better not mess this up."