Ch. 35

Sonic snarled angrily. He was furious to see Knuckles once again. Sonic then said with a sneer, "You! Why can't you just leave me alone?! Haven't you done enough?!" Knuckles replied, "Sonic please listen to me." Sonic glared at him very angrily. Not too pleased or anything. Sonic then said, "If your here to taunt me then leave me alone." Knuckles then said, "No I'm not. I'm not here to humiliate you or anything like that." Sonic raised a brow before he asked, "Then what were they?! You humiliated me!" Knuckles said, "I didn't mean to humiliate you." Sonic rolls his eyes and said, "Thats what they all say." Knuckles made a face and said, "I'm serious please listen. Sonic The Hedgehog the greatest and fastest hero, I'm really sorry." Sonic said angrily, "No one calls me that anymore, my hero days are numbered, and that's Sonic Olgilvie Maurice Hedgehog to you!" Knuckles was speechless that Sonic had to use his real middles name. The one he always hated. Knuckles took a deep breath and said, "Sonic I know your mad at me for what happened and for what I done. But it's not too late to make up for all the things I said." Sonic glared at him again and said, "Like I'm gonna believe you! But I don't. I stopped believing in you a long time ago. I left and 'disappeared' just like you wanted." Knuckles gasped at his words and said, "I said I'm sorry." Sonic then said in a hatful tone, "Oh really? I was the worst hero and a horrible friend! A self-centered brat! You will never love me for every single negative reason you can ever think. You wished I died instead of Shadow and I will never ever love you like Shadow ever did! Who spoke these words?! Oh yeah I remember. You spoke those words to me that day. You let me get humiliated by the whole village! Beaten til I was purple and bruised! You left me to die on the night Shadow died. You tried to kill me at his funeral. I am not taking it anymore!! So forget it!! Im not going back being a humiliated hero!" Knuckles said in frustration, "Will you listen to me?! I..!" Sonic shouted, "No I won't listen to you! Why do you keep bothering me?!?!" Knuckles blushed as he blurted out loud, "CAUSE I LOVE YOU!!!" Sonics eyes widened. Knuckles then continued, "Look I know it's hard to believe! But listen!" Knuckles took his hands and said, "Come back to the village with me. I'll treat you better this time and protect you! I'll love you just like you wanted. I'll do what you want and never let anything happen to you! I promise. Sonic I need you. I want you. I love you." Sonic face darkened a little more and snatch his hands away and said in a darken tone, "Knuckles..?" He shouted as he punched Knuckles across the face, "I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!!" Sonic heavily breathed after Knuckles looked at Sonic with shock and sorrow. Sonic then shouted, "You broke my heart and that alone satisfied you!!! Did you actually think I wouldn't see through your stupid fake love?! You told me yourself I will never love you like Shadow does. Your just into edgy hedgehogs not a 'selfish ugly hero'! You don't love me your just using me as your humiliated puppet!!" Knuckles stuttered and said, "No Sonic it isn't true!" Sonic angrily said, "I AM SO OVER YOU!!! LOVE DOES NOT EXIST FOR ME ANYMORE!! I-I HATE YOU!! I WOULDN'T LOVE YOU UNLESS YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL GIRL BUT YOU ARE NOT!! YOU ARE JUST A SELFISH AND HURTFUL PINHEAD!!! I WOULD RATHER DIE IN HONOR THAN BE HUMILIATED BY A BRUTAL AND HEARTLESS GUY LIKE YOU!!" Knuckles was hurt deeply before he said, "B-but Sonic. I-I really do love you. T-this isn't an act. I'm your best friend and I wanna be more than that..." Sonic lashed out as he smacked him across the face, "SPARE ME THE LIES YOU RAT! YOU ENDED OUR FRIENDSHIP YOU IDIOT!! MY LOVE FOR YOU WAS MURDERED BY YOU!! NOW LEAVE ME ALONE FOR THE REST OF YOUR MISERABLE AND PATHETIC LIFE AND GET THE HECK OUT OF MY SIGHT!! I NEVER WANNA SEE YOUR FACE AGAIN!!!" It was a severe blow to him. Sonic loved him but Knuckles let it go down in vain all cause of his selfishness. With tears fall down his face. The red echidna felt his heart sank. Knuckles got up and ran off. Leaving Sonic satisfied as he said, "Good riddance. Jerk. I wouldn't love him if he were a beautiful girl."