Venti •| Fluff

WARNINGS: Mentions of su!c!de, mentions of death

WARNINGS:
Mentions of su!c!de, mentions of death
.
.
.
.
.
•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

"Eyes shut, the entire way."

"Venti you were literally going to me crash me into a tree!"

He giggles. Of course he giggles reminiscing that as carried on with dragging you through somewhere. But his laughter makes you laugh, enough if your heart was still pounding from hitting a tree head-on and then having sunsettias drop on your head. You didn't feel like seeing the birds and stars.
The feeling of grass and the chatter of cranes told you probably somewhere in Windrise however, but you weren't entirely sure since he did make you glide.
"Do not worry, this time, I'll warn you every danger." His voices calls out, probably doing some kind of hand action.

"You running with me blind basically is the danger!"

"So merciless with her words, I am not that foolish!"

You mocked his words, earning a sharp inhale from just as you felt the top of your head hit something.

"Mind the branch!"

You rubbed your forehead with one hand, trying to smack Venti with the other but he had a tight grab on it white also making sure to cover your eyes, "You are supposed to tell that before!"

"Oh well, here we are!"

He slipped his hand off your face. Your eyes took some time to be adjusted to the sunlight after being blinded for a good while. After however, you gasped when you saw a picnic set up in an absolute paradise. Even after being an adventurer, you had never seen a place in mondstadt like this before.
Venti chuckled as your mouth fell in awe at the beauty of landscape. The way leaves brushed against each other with the tides of breeze, flowers blooming here and there, chatter of birds.

"Happy Birthday [Y/N]! I hope you like this small picnic I arranged after much whining and help from others!"

He started strumming his lyre and humming along with his tune as you watched, "I wrote a sequence of songs just for you as well as a birthday present."

If you hadn't expressed your gratefulness before, now you definitely had. You pulled him into a tight hug, trying to not crush his lyre as you pecked his nose.
"Thank you Venti, I appreciate it. I knew you were planning something, but I didn't expect you to take me out to such an amazing place and manage to do all this."

"Ehe~ You underestimate my capabilities too much. Now about a toast to you becoming a year older?"

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

"I don't know one occasion with alcohol where you haven't gotten drunk."

Venti was drunk again of course, so you two were unable go home since he couldn't tell the directions.
He was now laying on top of your lap while playing his lyre and humming strange lyrics. You laid on the ground, trying to find some sort of comfort on the grass while shivering.

"It tastes good~" even his slurring is poetic, "And we get to sleep under the stars."

"While freezing to death that is."

"Aww, cold? I know of a way to warm you up."

He gets up, putting his lyre aside carefully as if it were more important than the universe, then hugs you. Soon enough, you felt too warm. Not from Venti, but rather since you were blushing furiously and felt your heart race inside your chest.
Unable to speak, you just hugged him back, letting him bury his face into the crook of your neck.

After what seemed like a forever silence, it was broken as the wind carried his empty of any emotion words.

"I hate your birthday."

You just chuckled in response, thinking that it was one of his jokes or his drunk talks. He had once ranted about the things he loves the most, more than once actually so it was common for him to be like this.

"And why might that be?" You say, wanting to engage this conversation further from amusement.

You had a expected a giggling, cheerful Venti as he continued his foolish antics, but as soon as you asked the question he burst into tears.
Weeping into your chest, constantly wiping his eyes using the sleeve of your shirt while you hurriedly tried to get up and see what the matter was.

"Venti?? Are you alright? What happened?"

Stupid questions, yes, but what else were you supposed to ask in heat of the moment. You rubbed his back and made small shushes for him to calm down as he sobbed violently.

"Stupid mortals, stupid aging, why did Celestia not grant you the ability to live with me forever!?"

He practically shouted the question, meant more for the stars rather than you as his sniffles filled the breeze. It echoed throughout the area as you could stare at him. You were starting to get a faint idea about what he was talking about, but not enough to comfort him completely.

You tilted his head to meet his eyes, though his refused to look at you. You wiped his tears away, caressing his cheek, urging him to explain further.

"Each year you get older, and sooner or later you will die. And it's not even like if I kill myself I can join you, I will join the stars. This life is the only time we will ever have!"

He screamed further, his screams eventually dying out as his eyes shook from realization that this is indeed the only life you have him. The truth hit you like a spear ripping your heart out of your chest, but you thought of it long ago, reason why you mean to spend the most with Venti everyday until you die.

"That's why," tears sprung in the corners of your eyes at the thought, "We have to make the most of the time we have together, right? Make memories for you and for me to carry with me beyond the heavens."

Your shirt was soaked by now, but that was beside the matter. His sniffles had come to a stop.
"Make memories...later, sleep right now."

His lolled side to side after he quickly fell asleep, making small snoring noises which you found adorable. You laughed a little, wiping the rest of his tears away and making a makeshift pillow for him.
It would have been totally unrecognisable that he was sobbing his eyes out just a few minutes ago by how peaceful he looks while sleeping.
But the peacefulness in him only brought back of what he was wailing on about.

You will die one day, and you will him by himself.

The thought once again shattered your heart into unfixable pieces, but you decided to do what Venti did.
Think about it later, sleep for now.

"I'd make a deal with Celestia to not leave you."
•───────•°•❀•°•───────•
.
.
.