Al-Haitham •| Fluff

WARNINGS:Dr!nking

WARNINGS:
Dr!nking

.
.
.
.
.
•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

With things finally settling down in Sumeru, the Akademiya still had much to deal with. Cleaning up the previous sages messes, dealing with complaints of the Akasha shutting down, all the major changes.
Stress was at its highest in Sumeru, and you found yourself visiting the local tavern more and more often.

A few glasses of Dandelion wine in the evening and you would be back at work, sitting at your desk for hours, losing track of time to the sun shone through your windows.
Nothing ever really goes on in the taverns.

Tonight was a different experience though.

"Out with you!"

Those were first words you heard before even reaching the tavern. And a man was thrown out soon after.

"No need to be so impolite..." The man slurred after picking himself up in an awkward way.

The voice, the cape, the speaking style...
"Al-Haitham? Is that you?"

"Hm? Ah, if it isn't [Y/N]," he hiccuped "What are you doing out here?"

"Me? What are you doing that is resulting in your being thrown out?"

"Nothing. It was an argument over a glass of wine, and these simple men refuse to listen to the facts," he starts off, angrily gesturing inside the tavern, "It's as if my job as a scribe is of no use now."

"Are you quite yourself right now?" You asked, hurrying to help him stand up and not fall back down.

"Yes...well, I find it hard to control my limbs after a few glasses of wine."

"Oh you're drunk? How unexpected, for you to be drunk." You exaggerated the last part, wanting to tease him.

"I am not drunk. I went for a couple glasses of wine since Kaveh is out for a few days." He mutters, the growing fury in his voice completely evident, "That pain in my ass is finally gone and giving me some peace."

"Alright, alright. Let's just get you home now."

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

"Aha! Home at last, well done Al-Haitham!" Al-Haitham lazily throws his cape aside, completely ignoring the fact he led you to several houses that weren't his.

You grumble with annoyance as he shakes you aside, completely ignoring your presence and flopping onto his sofa.
It was night already. The moon wasn't enough for light, so you lit a few candles.