Chapter Three

Ju sat across the table from the power duo they'd somehow managed to get as prospective new talents before their competitors. She felt a sense of achievement. Or at least, she had until she saw Hayden Weller walking into the offices. She was followed by her coworker and perhaps best friend by the way they treated one another, but Mark was gathering Mika's attention before Ju even had the chance to approach them.

Hayden stared at her with dark green eyes the entire time they reintroduced themselves, threatening to see more than Ju was comfortable showing her just yet. Or ever, perhaps.

Now, she sat across from her and peeked up as Reggie gave his spiel about what an honor it was to work with them. Hayden was watching him, listening to each word like it was taking all her effort to stare at him. Ju noticed that her neck muscles even bulked, then relaxed on occasion like she was fighting not to look around the room.

As peculiar a thing it was, Ju took the opportunity to fully appraise Hayden before she noticed her quiet surveillance. She may have been stunning before in just a shirt and jeans, but now in her office wear, most likely for their meeting and definitely not her natural way of dressing from how she awkwardly shifted in her chair and pulled at her shirt under the table, she was breathtaking.

She wore a midnight blue fitted suit jacket, a pale lavender button-up, jet black pants, all perfectly tailored to her lean form. Upon first seeing her, Ju couldn't take her eyes off of her bottoms. The way they showed her thigh's subtle curves was enthralling and she wanted to further examine just what about this woman made her want to stare so hard. Sure, Hayden was good looking, but why was she so...captivating? It wasn't just her figure. It was her voice, the way she looked at things and how her hair shimmied about each time she tilted her head in different directions.

Every time Ju looked at Hayden she was reminded of her love for old films, she bore such classic features, and suddenly began to imagine what they'd look like watching one together in her loft. On that note, Ju felt the familiar ache in the bows of her stomach reminding her of why paying this attraction any more mind would never be for the best. She adjusted her view and focused on her boss who was now speaking to the duo, introducing the team to Hayden and Mika.

"Lastly, the team you personally requested to work with you on this project, Mark Reyes and Ju Garcia. They are very capable and always willing to go that extra mile for our clients." Reggie gestured toward them and Mark immediately flashed a toothy grin, visibly bouncing in his seat as his eyes met Mika's. She blushed and smiled back at him, but before she could turn her smile towards Ju, Hayden caught her attention once more. She gave Ju a warm smile as Reggie finally finished with, "I'm sure you'll all get along quite well."

"I'm sure we will." Hayden replied, yet kept her eyes on Ju, she extended her hand over the table toward her as Mika did the same toward Mark. He rapidly took it and stood as she and the rest of the table did as well. Ju ultimately turned her attention back to Hayden and tentatively took her hand, shaking it several times. Hayden softly, yet rather cheerfully grinned at her as she ran her thumb along the back of her hand, sending a prickle traveling along her skin and up to her spine. Ju gulped, knowing she must look ridiculous as her face flushed, but she quickly pulled her hand back. Hayden appeared as if her reaction spoke volumes, as if no words needed exchanging, but Ju was relieved when her next words turned the conversation elsewhere, returning the professional ambiance. "Well, then how about we see where we'll be working with you both? And the other staff, as well."

"Of course." Mark answered as he moved around the table and opened the door, holding it for them. "Ju can take Hayden around and I'll take Mika." He sent her a devilish grin and she narrowed her gaze at him, but swiftly wiped it away. She was determined to not let him get under her skin again. Not after his incessant teasing over the last few days. "That cool with you, partner?"