two

Kim Seokjin glanced at the photo of his fiancée, captured by paparazzi as she headed into one of Busan's most expensive restaurants alongside her family. 

Although it had been three years since their official engagement, they had flown by and suddenly their wedding approached them like a vulture, reminding them of their duty, their reputation which was at stake.

Nabi had been seventeen when they were promised to each other, Seokjin twenty. It wasn't uncommon for girls to be engaged even younger and most of the time they were wed straight after the girl's eighteenth birthday. But Nabi had insisted that the two were to be married after she turned nineteen, which had been reluctantly accepted by both families.

The Capo stared a little more before switching off his tablet, his eyes landing upon his brothers, both busy with their works.

 Kim Namjoon, the second son of the Kim family was Seoul's Consigliere, a position which he had worked hard to earn, a man worthy of his title. Namjoon was an intellect, a lover of logic and reason, but he too enjoyed the spill of blood alongside his brothers. 

Kim Taehyung was the third son, the youngest of his brothers. As an Enforcer, Taehyung's adoration for torture rivalled that of his eldest brother, and whilst it was close, he knew no-one could switch off his emotions in such a way that Jin could.

"How are you feeling about the wedding?" Seokjin raised an eyebrow towards the question Taehyung had directed. "Think about it, this time next week, you are a husband,"

"I never wanted a marriage," The Capo muttered, stretching his arms, rolling back his aching shoulders. "It is only due to Father's insistance that I even bothered,"

"It's not like Moon Nabi is awful," Namjoon pointed out, putting down his pen as he too joined in the conversation. "She's gorgeous,"

"If it weren't for the fact that you're to marry her," Taehyung smirked slyly. "I would take her for myself,"

"She should be grateful," Namjoon ignored his younger brother's playful antics. "That you are not a fat, old, ugly bastard. You are what, three years older than her? Some of the women within our circles are married to men thirty years their senior,"

It was true. Although the modern world was progressing further and further by the day, the mafia was still bound by the laws of the old age. Women were still regarded as the weaker sex, still seen as future wives and mothers, prevented from attaining higher education or a job. It was medieval, but none of the Families were willing to accept change, not when this was what they had known for their whole lives.

"Your wedding is going to be a historic moment. Seoul is finally being unified with Busan after so many years of rivalry and bloodshed. This wedding is a symbol of peace," Taehyung added, his rings glittering in the hazy glow of the lights.

"Then let us hope it does not end as a bloody wedding," Seokjin stifled a smile as Namjoon rolled his eyes and as Taehyung's eyes lit up with hope and excitement. A bloody wedding would certainly be historic, but it was something that the eldest Kim could not afford. His brothers were right... this wedding was to be a symbol of peace, a union between two of the most dangerous mafia cities. All was at stake.

...

"You asked to see me, Father?"

Seokjin hid his disgust and fury at the man who was his father, a man who could never earn the title despite having been a respected Capo in his time. 

Kim Hamin had raised demons as his sons, they were widely regarded as the monsters parents told their children about. Kim Hamin had been the Devil that had pushed these demons to do his bidding. He had never seen his sons as children, but by the time each had turned eleven, they had started their induction process to become Made Men, men who would show not an inch of mercy.

"Yes, I did. I assume the wedding preparations are going to plan," Kim senior looked up at his oldest who remained cold, indifferent.

"It will be a high security wedding for obvious reasons, men that my Captains have hand-picked themselves for the task," Seokjin drawled. "I have arranged everything on my side, the rest have been completed by the Moon family,"

Hamin hummed. "Moon Nabi. You know what they call her? Busan's angel. She's exquisite, you and her will be a striking pair, and I expect that my grandchildren will be the same,"

Seokjin clenched his fists at the thought of children right after his marriage. "I think I would like to have her for myself before we settle down,"

The older man shrugged before his tone turned sharper. "Yes, I suppose so. What of the news of Gwangju? Are you seriously considering allowing their Captain to defect into the Seoul Family?"

"He poses no threat and he understands that if he betrays us it's over for him," Seokjin stood straighter. He may have been his father's oldest son, destined to rule over Seoul, but an inch of weakness shown and Kim Hamin would not hesitate to throw him to the wrath of his Captains and Underbosses, all desperate for power.

"He is your responsibility. I need not remind you what shall happen if your trust in him fails,"

Seokjin smiled coldly. "I trust no-one, Father, least of all the enemy,"

"Your future wife is from the enemy," Hamin smirked. "Will you not trust her either?"

The Capo was silent for a few moments as he pondered the question. There were very few people he trusted, and even his fiancée posed a risk to the empire he had strengthened.

"Have a good evening, Father," He said simply, dipping his head before exiting the room.

Moon Nabi would not cause problems, he would make sure of it.