one

"I can't believe Nabi's to be a married woman within a week!" Moon Jaesoo grinned as he stuffed a pastry into his mouth. Apparently being a Made Man prevented him from having manners. 

His twin sister, Jisoo, took notice of his lack of politeness and lightly smacked his head, causing him to splutter before begrudgingly settling back down again. Jisoo smirked before smiling at her older sister who returned the expression, although it was less - joyful.

"It only feels like yesterday since the two of you were betrothed!" Choi Younghui, their mother, placed a hand upon her heart as though she wished for a repeat of the day. "Time really has flown by, hasn't it?"

"You'll be the wife of a Capo, the Capo of Seoul," Jisoo spoke quietly, looking slightly mournful. "You'll be so busy that you won't be able to visit us,"

"I will always have time for my family," Moon Nabi finally said, a graceful smile forming upon her face. "Whether I am the Capo's wife or not, I will make time to see you, I give you my word,"

Satisfied with her sister's answer Jisoo grinned before excusing herself from the breakfast table, claiming she had homework to finish. Jaesoo followed his twin shortly after, sure to irritate the girl for his own enjoyment.

They had left behind Nabi and her mother, both who were quietly eating, appreciating the tranquil atmosphere that settled upon the room. Yet as Younghui watched her daughter take a sip of water, she noticed her stiff, wary motion.

"Nabi," The Choi woman began. "Is- Is anything the matter?"

"Nothing, Mother," The girl shook her head, offering a small smile. 

"I'm your mother, Nabi, I cannot help you if you do not tell me what's wrong," Younghui sighed as she watched her eldest child's smile drop and morph into an expression of what looked like doubt and fear.

Nabi had always excelled in concealing her emotions; had mastered the art of presenting herself in a particular manner within public scrutiny even when she felt like she wanted to do nothing but curl up in her bed with something warm to drink.

She was Busan's angel, a title she had worked hard to earn, a title she would not lose for a very long time.

But with her wedding a week away, the eldest of the Moon children couldn't hold back her terror at the thought of marrying him.

"Mother, don't tell me you have not heard the rumours that have surrounded him over the last few years. How he has killed and tortured so many men into insanity, how he has enjoyed it! Do you really think that a man who has no hesitation to eliminate his own relatives for the sake of power and strongold for the Seoul Family will be eager to protect his wife?"

Her mother was silent, and Nabi felt victorious. The last three years had been filled with her mother's pressing persuasions that Kim Seokjin would be perfect for her daughter, and the woman had blatantly tried to ignore the gossip that her future son-in-law was shrouded in.

"You know he is a bad man, Mother," Nabi said softly. "Perhaps the most monsterous of them all. How are you sure that he wouldn't kill me if he had the chance?"

Choi Younghui was many things. She was the wife of the Consigliere of the Busan Family. She was an elite socialite woman with a high standing, associated with the wives of politicians and celebrities. She was also ambitious for her children and was very much prepared to do whatever it took for them. But above all else, she was a mother, a mother who loved her children to the ends of the world and wanted to protect them from all the terrible things of the world.

Younghui took her daughter's hand, staring deeply in her dark eyes. "You are the eldest daughter of the Consigliere of Busan. Your fiancé's father called you the most beautiful woman in Busan. You are their angel, Nabi. If there is anyone in this world who could hold her head high and stand by the side of Kim Seokjin, it is you,"

Nabi stared at her mother. Choi Younghui was still as stunning as she had been in her youth and both Nabi and the twins took after their mother. She was a woman who had endured so much and would walk through fire for her children, Nabi knew it so well. But she also knew that the only person she could not fight against was her husband.

The Consigliere of Busan was an intimidating man, obsessed with his work and the power that he held. His decisions and actions were prominent within the Family and he was the Capo's right hand. Yet he held no affection for either his wife nor his children, regarding them as only a duty. He had what he needed - two daughters who would be married off and a son who would continue his legacy. Nothing more. His eyes had gleamed with desire and hunger when the union between his eldest and the Capo had been brought up and without a second thought, he had agreed.

But for what price, he had taken no notice.

"Seoul will be gaining an angel when you are wed, my dear,"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hello my loves, it's quite good to be back on here writing again after a very well-rested break, and i couldn't quite help myself when the idea for this new book came about.

this is a kim seokjin mafia au romance and the main inspiration for this book came from cora reilly's 'bound by honor' which is the second book in the 'born in blood' mafia series. 

with this book, i will be exploring a lot more mature themes which is why i decided to rate this book as 'mature'. 

as always, this book is my own and the only characters i own are the ones i have created.

i hope you enjoy reading!

lots of love

xx