eight

Nabi had stayed true to her word. 

The first week of her marriage was a chaos of parties and social events held by certain high-ranking families of Seoul, which she and Seokjin were expected to attend. They both drowned in glamorous dresses and tuxedos, expensive cars and drank timeless wine, the best.

And at these events, Nabi had flitted around the women, holding her head high as she chatted amongst them, getting to know them, making connections which her husband had claimed would be difficult for her to do.

It had been nerving for her, at first. She was in a different city, a different kingdom that she had not grown used to and speaking to her new relatives and new associates had rattled her slightly. But like Seokjin had said, she was the Angel of Busan, and the title had come with an expectation: one she would not let them see slip.

Some of the women had been wary of her, including a few of Seokjin's aunts who looked down their noses as though to say "Ha! A newbie from Busan!". But to Nabi's delight, a few of his cousins had taken the delight of being her friend, sweet and welcoming. She had also been given the opportunity to get to know his stepmother, Jang Somi too.

When they had returned from the parties, Seokjin had acknowledged her achievement, the challenge he had given her which she had completed with ease, and his respect for his wife had only deepened.

"You probably thought you were going to get an airhead for a wife," She said loftily, undoing the clasp of her necklace. "Unfortunately for you, I don't back down from a challenge,"

Nabi spotted her husband's smirk from the mirror as he hung his jacket back into the wardrobe, leaving him in his fitted black slacks and a white shirt that strained against his chest. His black tie hung loosely around his neck.

"I never thought you were an airhead," He drawled, beginning to undo the buttons of his shirt, Nabi tentatively watching through the mirror, swallowing slightly as his creamy skin began to be exposed. "You're beautiful, but when you grow up in this world, you have to be smarter than most,"

"You- You think I'm beautiful?" The Moon girl knew she was sought after, and whilst she had been told over and over again by many back in Busan, Seokjin saying it felt different. She liked having his approval.

The Capo snorted. "There is not a man in this world, Nabi, who would be desperate to have a taste of you, including myself,"

Her expression dropped and her pink lips pressed together. "You're saying this just to get in my pants, aren't you?"

Seokjin's dark brows furrowed as he stepped towards her, bending low so that his chin was directly above her shoulder, watching her in the mirror.

"Oh I would love to get in your panties, angel," He whispered as her fingers gripped the cushion of her seat tightly at his voice. "I'd love to do so many things to you, but the reason why I find you beautiful isn't just because of the way you look,"

"Then?"

He didn't answer right away, his plump lips pressing kisses to the nape of her neck, wetting it with his tongue before sucking it lightly. Nabi was sure her knuckles had turned white as she shut her eyes, pleasure soaring through her body as he nibbled her ear before kissing her jaw.

"I find you beautiful because whilst you're sweet and kind with your words, you're not afraid to get what you want, not afraid to prove others wrong, just like you did with me. You're beautiful because both you and I know that you can be so much crueller than me without having to lift a finger,"

Shock had no time to register in her mind as she was overcome with such satisfaction, it was difficult to think of anything else. But she'd realised that he had figured her out, even if he had barely known her, back when they were engaged.

Nabi knew he was right. Physical cruelty was his speciality but manipulation had been a secret the Moon girl had hid for years.

And he had been the first to understand.