seven

It hadn't taken very long at all to reach Seoul, the capital city that glistened in fame, luxury and society on the outside but hid it's red light districts far to well for outsiders to see.

The Seoul families, of course, were permanent residents of the wealthiest areas in the city, with their Capo owning an exquisite penthouse apartment that overlooked the glittering city.

Nabi's eyes flitted across her new home, the color scheme dark, cold as though her residence too hid an infinite number of secrets that she was to discover.

Seokjin watched his wife as she took it all in, unsure whether she liked it or not. She had been a society girl back in Busan, practically drowning in luxury and riches. Nothing would ever be enough for her.

"I would like to say that my penthouse is better than your mansion- "

"It's perfect," She interrupted. "I like it,"

Surprise took hold over his features, as though the Capo of Seoul couldn't quite believe what he was hearing. But he quickly shook the emotions off him and began to speak once more. "Apart from the two of us, a housekeeper will be here, Choi Geulmi. She will be taking care of the cooking, cleaning and other household duties. My brothers had access to the apartment and were able to walk in here as they pleased but now that we are married, I have restricted their access,"

Nabi raised an eyebrow. From all the stories she had heard about her husband, the fact that he was extremely protective and close with his two siblings had been the one that enthralled her the most. In a sense, he reminded her of herself. The Moon girl knew she would walk through fire for Jaesoo and Jisoo, something Seokjin would do for Namjoon and Taehyung.

"And," He continued. "There are some rules that you must follow now that you are in Seoul,"

He waited for Nabi to bite back, expecting her to retort a statement of fury, but it never came.

"Firstly, you must not leave the apartment without a guard. I will have someone stationed outside the door, but if you want to go anywhere, you must ask me first and I will give the go-ahead accordingly. Second, I expect you to make yourself acquainted with the socialites of Seoul. You're the Capo's wife now, and it's important to make connections here,"

"Essentially I am in a golden cage," Nabi's voice was smooth, clear and pleasant, and without the terror she had displayed on their wedding night, she sounded like a born leader. "Why do mafia men always believe that our golden cages are the perfect homes for us?"

"You know that you cannot be involved with the depths of the business, besides, by making connections, you would be helping," Seokjin scoffed. "Your nickname was the 'Angel of Busan', don't tell me you won't be able to make friends here in Seoul,"

The woman in question stepped forward so that she was closer to her husband. Nabi was relatively shorter than Seokjin but she held her head high, not backing down from her infamous pride. 

"I guarantee you that I will make more connections with the Seoul families than you have ever bothered to!"

"Oh, angel," He whispered. "Tell me something I don't know, I'm looking forward to it,"