three

Warm rays of light danced upon the walls of the hotel room interior, the galaxy's largest star illuminating Busan in honour of the day of celebration. A day where the crime families of Seoul and Busan were to be unified, a symbol of peace meant for the history books.

Nabi watched herself in the mirror, smiling as she watched her mother, sister, aunts and cousins chatter and bustle around the room, sorting their own dresses, make-up and hair. 

A stylist was adding the final touches to the bride's own hair, carefully placing a glistening tiara upon her head.

"Perfect," The stylist clapped her hands in delight, as the women in the room murmered in agreement. "Now the dress,"

It took a few moments of adjusting and manouvering until the wedding dress finally fit the Moon girl as it was supposed to. 

It was an elegant, yet glamorous piece, the most expensive dress in Busan's best bridal store. Endless layers of tulle and sparkle covered the bride, highlighting her beauty. Nabi lowered her head as a long veil was pinned to her crown.

The perfect bride.

"Oh she really is Busan's angel," One of her aunts sighed wistfully. "If only I had a daughter..."

"Kim Seokjin will be blown away," Another exclaimed. "It'll give him more of a reason to hide our angel away,"

"Younghui, everything for the wedding night has been packed, yes?" Someone else said slyly as the room errupted into a fit of giggles and laughter.

A flush worked its way up Nabi's cheeks as the thought of her and Seokjin being intimate made its way through her mind. He would be taking all of her firsts, as was tradition in the mafia families. Women were expected to remain virgin brides whilst their husbands could do whatever they pleased with whomever. 

Her mother said nothing but there was a sad smile on her face. She was not quite ready to let go of her oldest yet.

"Right," Nabi's cousin and best friend, Na Mari, placed her hands on her hips. "Everyone out, Nabi and I need a girl talk,"

Mari was only three years older than the bride and had wed when she had been eighteen, yet an unfortunate incident between Busan and Daegu had led to the demise of her husband. She had been mourning for six months and had described the pressure being mounted upon her to commit to another marriage. 

The women in the room exchanged knowing smiles before taking their leave, Nabi having to gently push her younger sister out of the room, much to her disappointment. 

The door shut, leaving the two cousins in the room, a strange atmosphere between them. 

Mari gripped the bride's shoulders, staring at her intently. "I know I'm not the one getting married, but I'm terrified for you,"

Nabi let out a breath of both fear and relief. "I don't know what I'm going to do,"

The Na girl was silent for a few moments before she finally spoke. "Make him love you,"

The Moon girl stared at her cousin, her best friend, confidante who had been there for her for so many years. "He is a monster, can he be loved?"

"We'll find out,"

Nabi fidgeted with the sleeve of her dress before she burst out "Has he been with other women?"

Surprise morphed upon Mari's face as the Na girl's mind flitted back towards the countless magazine and paparazzi photos her best friend's soon-to-be husband had been featured in. They had all captured him with different women every single time.

"He has, yes," The older girl said slowly. "But after you are married, he shall be faithful to only you, shall he not?"

Nabi stifled a snort. Faithful? She didn't know quite what to think. After marriage, the couples were supposed to be devoted to only each other, but within their circles, she know countless men who sought out mistresses and other women for the sake of their pleasure. Yet if a woman did such thing, she would be an outcast.

"I shall be faithful to him, Mari, but whether he takes this marriage seriously to fulfill his side of the promise, I cannot tell,"

...

The wedding was to take place in a spectacular cathedral in Busan, where prominent members of both Seoul and Busan were to attend alongside family. The married couple would then spend a night in the Moon family home before departing to the Kim residence back in Seoul the next morning.

Nabi swallowed back the bile that seemed to be rising within her throat. "I will make him love me," She whispered to herself. She had to, otherwise her married life would be hell on earth itself.

As she approached her father - who was waiting by the doors - she wondered whether he felt any remorse, any guilt for promising his daughter to a man who was the main character in children's nightmares. 

The Consigliere took his daughter's hand, pressed a small kiss on her cheek before remarking "An angel on earth,"

"Thank you,"

As the doors opened, a melody began to drift from the piano allowing Nabi and her father to proceed down the aisle. 

The girl felt her heart pound against her relentlessly as she spotted Seokjin at the altar, the groom looking just as handsome as she remembered when they had first met. It was though he had not aged whatsoever in the last three years, and as their eyes met, she felt a jolt spike through her body.

As they reached the altar Nabi's father nodded towards the Capo of Seoul before heading towards the pew where her mother and the twins were.

Seokjin took her hand as they faced the priest who began his sermon, which took around thirty minutes before he cleared his throat asking the pair whether they were willing to marry each other, which they had said 'I do' to.

 "Now for the vows," He looked at the the couple. "I assume you know what is to be said,"

Both Nabi and Seokjin nodded. 

"Seokjin first,"

"In the name of God, I, Kim Seokjin, take you, Moon Nabi, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish until we are parted by death,"

Nabi almost shuddered at the emotionless tone of his voice, as though this was simple a business deal to him. 

"Now Nabi,"

Her hand trembled within Seokjin's palm, but she controlled herself, softly reciting her promise to the Capo.

"In the name of God, I, Moon Nabi, take you, Kim Seokjin, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish until we are parted by death,"

"And now for the exchange of rings,"

Jaesoo and Jisoo came forward, holding the rings which had been chosen for each other. Seokjin slipped an elegant diamond ring upon Nabi's finger before she too placed a black zirconium and diamond ring upon him.

"In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, I pronounce you both husband and wife,"

"And now," The priest smiled as he took a step back. "You may kiss the bride,"

Nabi gazed at her husband as he took her hand, pulling her slender frame towards him, before cupping her cheeks as electricity burst through her veins at his touch. Her eyes fluttered shut as there were inches left between their lips before she felt it.

His kiss was soft, gentle, not at all what she had feared and it took her a moment before she returned it. They pulled apart, receiving cheeres and cries of joy. 

A wedding to achieve peace in our time.