Fixing One Problem Gives Rise To Another

Nagatoro was winded, having been sparring for hours now against a chair. At least that's how it felt for her; no fighting back, just staying still and getting smashed. But as apparent as this was, James didn't seem to stop it or interfere in anyway. 

"Senpai, I can't keep doing this." Nagatoro said, stopping in the middle of the spar after knock Naoto down for the hundredth time. "It's fun and all to win against him all the time, but I wanna win this fight. I wanna actually train. When you said that you got me a sparring partner, I thought you had gotten me a challenge, not a punching bag." She glared at Naoto in slight disgust and annoyance. James chuckled.

"No Nagatoro, he's going easy on you." He walked over to Naoto and helped him up. "If he went hardcore on you, it'd be too unfair." Nagatoro gritted her teeth and balled her fists. 

"THEN TELL HIM TO GO HARD ON ME!" She ordered. James was jump scared by her reaction to what he had said. He laughed nervously.

"If that's what you truly want." He looked over his shoulder at Naoto, as his expression turned from a smile to a frustrated look. "Naoto, please show her why you were going easy on her." He said through gritted teeth. Naoto flashed a look of confusion.

"But I wasn't-" 

"No time for chatting!" James cut him off. "Every second not training here, is a second wasted," he glanced over at him, "and we definitely don't want to waste any time, not even a second." He stepped to the middle of the mat. "No position resets, go!" Naoto was caught of by surprise, every other time they reset, why now did they just start? 

Not wanting to wait to beat Naoto at his supposed "best", Nagatoro jumped at him in rage, throwing attack after attack with questionable technique. Naoto did much of the same, block and evade. However this time, this time he had noticed her carelessness. His mind flashed to that moment a few hours ago when she was being careless, and how he punished it. This time was much of the same to him, except this time she was going for his throat. 

He evaded her attacks a little longer and began making space between them that he could time his attack. He took a deep breath.

3...2...1...

At long last, the opening presented itself to him, like it did many other times. This time however, he didn't hesitate, remembering what he was defending at the tournament, and kicked her in the stomach causing her to stumble back slightly and lose her legging. He capitalised on this and threw a wimpy punch at her, hoping she would take the bait, which she did, and counter, which she did. A smirk came on his face, she had fallen for his trap. All the pieces were in place, all he had to do now was parry and knee her... Which he did.

Nagatoro exhaled as the last of her breath left her body, along with the last of her legs as she fell to her knees, twitching and gasping. Naoto couldn't believe it, he had finally beaten her, with ease at that. 

"That's what I'm talking about!" James congratulated him with a hug. "Where was this confidence all the other times?" Naoto stared into James eyes, blushing, for some strange reason. James patted him on the shoulder one more time before changing his attention over to Nagatoro who was still sulking on her knees. "You okay" He asked. She moaned.

"I'm fine." She struggled to her feet, not accepting James' help. "Let's go again!" She said, thinking that he wouldn't challenge her again, as she still believed that he won on a whim. However he seemed more... confident. 

"S-sure!" He replied in acceptance to her challenge. Nagatoro groaned, where did he find his sudden confidence? "I enjoyed myself... so why not." He giggled nervously. 

"Whatever." Nagatoro said rudely. 

"Actually, I think that's enough for today." James interjected, further infuriating her.