Ch 1

Soulmates, that's all everyone cared about, and at one point, Izuku was just as thrilled. That was until he found out who his soulmate was. Out of everyone in the world, it had to be the one person that hated him most. Despite the bullying he received, he covered his soulmate mark and pretended to not have a soulmate. 

"Of course, Deku didn't get a soulmate!" Bakugou cackled. "Who would want anyone so useless?"

Iida chastised, "Bakugou, that is no way to speak to your fellow classmate!"

Izuku did his best to ignore their bickering and focused on preparing for class. However, his attention was caught when he heard Todoroki retort, "Bakugou, you haven't found your soulmate yet, so don't pick on Midoriya."

"They're probably hiding." Denki added on with a laugh.

Izuku's breath hitched in his throat. That was just a coincidence, right? An ironic thing that Izuku was overthinking again. There was always this looming feeling that Bakugou might know about Izuku hiding their mark, and if that was true, he may just be going along with it because he didn't want Izuku either. Still, Izuku remained clueless and silent. 

The mark was a zig zag design wrapped around his finger, like a wedding band, but with a bit of foundation, he managed to cover it. He was lucky to notice on Bakugou before his soulmate noticed the same design on him. 

"Shut it, idiot." Bakugou growled back at the electric teen. "If they didn't want to be my soulmate, they would've severed the connection!"

Izuku perked up and joined in. "Soulmates can sever connections? I thought it was permanent!"

The explosive blond ticked his tongue. "Maybe it's what happened to you!"

Todoroki got fed up with Bakugou's attitude and froze him in ice up to his neck. After being scolded by Iida, Shoto explained, "Sometimes, people can't connect with their soulmate, so they decide to sever it, but they don't get a new one. I severed mine."

Izuku's eyes went wide as Shoto revealed his empty ring finger. Momo joined in, revealing her empty ring finger too. "Yep, we just weren't compatible, and we mutually agree to end things."

Izuku fretted, "But now you two don't have soulmates!"

They chuckled, and Todoroki assured, "That doesn't mean we can't fall in love. We'll find someone like us ... or someone that never had a soulmate." The half and half boy stared oddly into Midoriya's eyes.

Izuku blushed. He shook the moment away and asked, "How do soulmates sever connection?"

"It's simple!" Momo smiled. "Just look your soulmate in the eyes and say 'I sever our soulmate bond and cut the ties of fate' straight to them. Then the ring design will disappear."

Izuku's face lit up with joy. Finally! It was a way out of this nightmare! Izuku could sever the bond with Bakugou and everyone can be happy. Of course, he'd have to reveal his secret to Bakugou, but it wouldn't matter because it would be severed seconds later. Perfect!

After school, Izuku changed into his normal clothes. He washed the foundation off his ring finger to reveal the zig zag ring. His excited smile died, admiring it and knowing it was disappearing soon. 

He was finally going to fix it.

~_~_~_~_~

Follow, Vote, and Comment!

Toodles~