Ch 8

"Is that seriously what he thinks?" Bakugou gaped, a scowl forming on his face.

Kirishima shrugged, "Sorry, but it does make a lot of sense."

Bakugou punched his friend in the arm. "Not helping!"

Izuku was so set on the idea, there was no way for Bakugou to talk his way out of it. He felt trapped in a losing game. At this point, actions spoke louder than words. Izuku believed he only wanted the mark for his reputation, so he decided to give up his dream.

"I'm gonna leave U.A. and quit training to be a hero." Bakugou declared.

His friends went ballistic, begging him not to leave. They were trying everything to convince him to stay, but nothing was getting through to him.

"Come on, man!" Denki protested. "Is he really worth giving up your dream?"

Denki's comment touched a sensitive nerve in Bakugou. Without warning, Bakugou lifted his hand to Denki's face and set off a blast. It didn't do to much damage, but it seriously hurt Kaminari. Kirishima, Sero, and Mina were shocked and yelled at Katsuki for his attack. The blond teen didn't care. He was desperate at this point – so desperate to keep his soulmate he would give up his lifelong dream.

After the little stunt Bakugou pulled on Denki, his friends refused to help him. That was how Katsuki wanted it. He couldn't have them stopping him, and he didn't want them to be upset when he left. They didn't matter to him as much as Izuku. 

Mitsuki, Katsuki's mother, refused to pull him out of U.A. hero course,but something in her son's eyes got to her. They were dead and conflicted. Katsuki explained recent events, revealing Izuku to be his soulmate. His mother and father would've been a bit more excited had the situation been different. 

Normally, Mitsuki would swat the back of his head and scold him, but it was clear in his actions that he was already doing it to himself. If this was his last attempt to win back his soulmate, she'd let him. 

"Soulmates are put together for a reason, Katsuki." Masaru informed. "It's sad when people can't look past their own struggles to find that reason why, but I think you already know why you need him."

Katsuki needed that one person in his life that won't hate him for being his ambitious self. He didn't want to be alone anymore, so if the universe said Izuku was that one, he would be happy with what he got. Mitsuki and her husband scheduled a meeting with Aizawa and Nezu. This was his last attempt, so if this didn't work, he'd give up and let Izuku break the bond. 

He stared at the zig zag pattern on his ring finger, imagining it next to Izuku's. Katsuki was dying for a reset button. Had he known all those years ago, the bullying would have never happened. They would have been so close, but the secrets and ignorance might have destroyed what they both would've loved.

~_~_~_~_~

Follow, Vote, and Comment!

Toodles~