Shuichi and Maki's Date

"Shuichi I don't understand why you want to have a picnic here. Doesn't it bring back some bad memories..." Maki asked me, but I wanted to include her in this even though she was gone.

I decided to have a picnic with Maki next to Kaede's grave. It's been two weeks since she has passed away, but I still haven't completely gotten over her death. She was a kind young woman, and she never deserved to die in the fashion she did. 

We became friends with Kokichi and Miu, and they were pretty nice minus the fights they had every now and then even though they just called each other a name or two and they became friends again. We even found out Kokichi was part of an organization named D.I.C.E that specializes in pranking people? It was sort of weird and maybe even a little ludicrous but he was our friend and we supported his past present and future. 

Miu told us about all of her inventions and how one of them got fame. Apparently, Miu made some eyedrops that make your vision better without the use of contacts or glasses. However for some reason, Miu signed her invention away, because she thought the idea was boring and stupid. 

We loved our new friends but I wanted some alone time with Maki. We never really got to spend too much time together because we only had one night together before Kaede passed away and we met Ouma and Iruma-sama. So today I wanted Maki all to myself, and everyone respected our decision. 

"Maki I know that Kaede would have to support us at one point or another. She really cared about everyone, and I know she would have wanted us to be happy with or without her. Take a seat." 

I put the black and blue tiled blanket in front of the grave, and that is when we started eating our sandwiches. There may not be any other living things around, but at least there won't be any ants trying to steal our food! 

"I can't believe we got this far Shuichi. It still feels like yesterday that we met, and now we are dating and we also have three unique but amazing friends. I never thought I would see other people again, but now that I have I feel great and optimistic for the future." Maki discussed, and I was proud of how far Maki has come. 

Before she used to be so distant, but now she is revealing more and more to me, and we are getting closer by the day. 

"I can still remember the day I was the last one left in this town. I spent my days cooped up in the library inserting myself into the many stories the characters of those books went through. But now I feel like I am in my own story with you Maki and all of our friends. I am happy we all met each other, and I regret not meeting any of you before the virus." I explained to Maki, and she understood where I was coming from.

"If I met you all before the virus I think we would be in a different position right now. We may have our own little family, and everyone would be closer than ever. Sure we are very close now... But who knows what it would have been like." Maki shared, and who knows what it could be like. 

As we ate I decided to bring up the idea of playing Truth or Dare with her.

"Maki, have you ever played truth or dare before?" I asked Maki, and she surprisingly shook her head. 

"Oh... Well, I honestly never played it until Kaede told me about it. Basically, you can pick between truth or dare. If you say dare you are forced to do something the other person makes you do. Truth means that you have to tell the truth when the other player asks you a question. You lose if you fail to do what the other person makes you do."

"It sounds a little childish, but hey let's give it a go." Maki said, and you started the game.

"Maki truth or dare?" 

"I'm going to go with truth." 

"Who is your least favorite person between Kokichi, Kaito, and Miu?" I asked trying to stir the pot a bit but turns out Maki picked that person a while ago.

"Kokichi by a long shot. He always complains about my cooking. He always has this act, and he honestly isn't that different from a ten-year-old little boy." Maki complained, and I could get where she was coming from.

Kokichi had his moments, but it wasn't like he was trying to hurt our feelings on purpose. He just has a bigger personality despite his size. I never liked gossip, so I decided to move on from that. 

"Okay then... I can understand."

"Shuichi truth or dare." 

"Truth."

"I want to know if you are ready to have a baby with me... I don't really like kids that much, but we may be the last people on earth. We have to keep the human race going, and that requires us to have a child."

Oh crap not this again...