Death

"Shuichi... What do you mean? I thought we were getting along just fine. I love you!" Kaede stated bowled over. 

I could only meet Kaede with silence. I think the reason we got together was that we were the last people on earth. Not because we were in love. When I finally had another pick... Maki was the right one for me... Not Kaede. 

"It's just...When we got together we assumed we were the last people on earth. When Maki got here we got close, and she just confessed her feelings for me. I have to be honest with you and tell you she is a better fit for me." I explained it to Kaede, but she wasn't going to accept it.

"But I was in love with you and only you. Do you think when Kaito got here my feelings changed? I'm in love with you, and if I can't be with you... I think I should leave." Kaede told you, and she marched off. 

Well, I guess there was nothing else I could do. Kaede knows where my feelings lay, and I am now Maki's... 

I left Kaede's house and made my way back over to Maki's house. I was in love, and it was real this time. It was time to see Maki. My new girlfriend. 

I was disappointed Kaede said she should leave, but in the end, I got Maki. At the time I didn't regret anything, and to be honest I was very stupid at the time. I loved Maki, but that love broke Kaede's heart. 

I knocked on Maki's door, and she greeted me with a curious look on her face, and she was taking deep breaths. Well, I guess it was time to release her stress.

"Maki."

"Y-yeah?" 

"I'm all yours," I announced to Maki, and she kissed me on the lips. 

Sparks ignited as our lips touched for the first time. Our pain, and agony all vanished as our lips connected. All of the pain you sent Kaede all bounced off my skin, and all the love I thought I had with Kaede was fake... This time it was real, and set in stone. 

What I didn't know was that Kaede was still watching me, and that kiss marked a decision that I wish she never made. 

"Maki I love you so much. Your the girl I have been waiting for my whole life. I am going to love you until the end of time. I have finally solved my last crime. I finally found the girl who stole my heart..." I flattered Maki, and she turned tomato red.

"I have been waiting so long for this Shuichi. It was killing me inside, and I thought that I would never experience this kind of feeling again. I know it was hard breaking Kaede's heart, but you were able to repair mine." Maki flattered me, and I took her inside. 

It was pretty clear where we went next. Maki's bedroom was red-themed, and there was a trail of roses to the bed. It was like she knew this was going to happen. 

I stayed up with Maki until like one in the morning, and I felt like I won the lottery. 

The next day we were woken up by Kaito who was a bit freaked out by something

"Maki! Shuichi you have to wake up right now!" Kaito shouted at us, and that was able to get us up. 

"W-who told you you can barge into my house like that," Maki said to Kaito with an irritated look on her face.

"This is not the time for that! Kaede is gone!" Kaito exclaimed in panic, and we were both astounded. 

Kaede was gone!? I thought she was just very upset... We are the last people on earth! We rushed to change and once we made it to Kaede's house we realized why Kaito was so worried. 

The entire house was empty, and all that was left was a note on the floor. It was for me, and I didn't expect there to be good news on that note...

Dear Shuichi and friends,

I have left Alliance. Do not go looking for me because I don't want to be found. Shuichi I was madly in love with you, but I am guessing you never loved me back. I don't hate you. I am just disappointed in you. Maki, I hope you love Shuichi forever and make sure he stays safe. Kaito. I guess you can eat popcorn for breakfast again... But don't have it every morning! I wrote down some recipes you can learn!

From Kaede

Turns out that Kaede wasn't out of town yet. Later that day I and Kaito decided to get more supplies from Kroger. 

"Kaito I still can't believe Kaede is gone. She was the first person I met, and I thought she would be here with us forever. I never thought in a thousand years she would leave town." I explained this to Kaito, but he was trying not to talk about Kaede.

"Listen Shuichi there are probably many other people on this planet still. When you met Kaede did you really think she was all that was left of the human race?" Kaito asked me, and at the time I really thought she was the only girl in the world. 

"I mean I thought she was, but when I met you and Maki I started having hope that there were others out there still," I confessed, and Kaito put up his hand for a high-five. 

I was about to high-five Kaito, but that is when I saw a certain smoke in the distance. 

It was rising up into the clouds, and it looked like it was coming from somewhere in town. 

"Kaito! Do you see that smoke!?" I exclaimed, and it appeared Kaito noticed it too.

"Holy moly! There may be more people!" Kaito bubbled, and he started driving towards the smoke. 

Kaito sped up and he started to drive to the smoke, and we were expecting more people. There could be a campfire over there, or maybe some kind of signal. 

When we finally made it over there we found a crashed Uhaul van, and inside there was a bloody mess and inside that mess was... Kaede.