♡ Chapter 11 ♡

I watch the steam radiating off of my coffee in front of me. It dances up into the air, but then quickly disappears. 

"Your pancakes are going to get cold, Azzy," my dad smiled at me. Overly smiled, with a fake amount of kindness.

He's acting like last night never happened. Once we got home, he told me that 'whatever kind bullshit' Reese said to me was just to manipulate me into letting him out. He then demanded I shut up and stop asking any more questions before slamming my bedroom door shut.

I force a smile back before starting to eat my pancakes.

I've been fired. By my own dad. 

So now, I have nothing to do. So I have to come up with a lie for leaving the house.

"I'm going to go shopping later and then go to Max's house," I lie.

This seemed to please my father.

He nods, "Alright. Max is a fine young man, sounds great."

Barf. More like an asshole, which is probably why my father likes him so much. 

But nothing is stopping me from getting Reese out of there tonight.

While he sips on his black coffee, I can see it in his eyes that he's planning on killing him. 

But I'm not letting that happen.

My phone buzzes against the table.

Unknown number: Get your ass over to my house at 6 pm sharp. Don't be a minute late.

Me: Who's this?

Unknown number: Your cousin from Argentina. 

I should've figured it was Alec from the lack of manners. 

Me: Say please.

Alec: Eat shit. Turning my phone off now. 

Me: Oops looks like Reese is dead then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alec: Please.

Me: Okay. Only because you're like begging me right now and it's super embarrassing for you.

I turn my phone off so that I get the last word. 

"I'm going to go watch TV now," I say suddenly while standing up. I don't wait for permission, and just start walking away.

But I only make it a few steps up the stairs until my dad is rushing over to me and calling my name. I let out a soft sigh to myself, and turn on the stairs to look down at him.

He looks conflicted, as if he doesn't know what to say.

"Look, Azalea...I understand you must think differently of me now," he speaks. Yea, that's an understatement. "But I just want to say, that I still love you very much. You're my little girl, and I'd do anything you asked of me."

My eyebrows raise, "Anything?"

"Anything."

I purse my lips and nod my head while looking to the side for a moment.

"Okay," I look back at him. "Let Reese go."

He looks at me as if I had just spoken in a foreign language. He looks puzzled for a few moments, before finally stuttering out, "W-what?"

"You said you'd do anything I ask," I state like it's obvious. "So, I'm asking you to do this. Let Reese go, and our relationship can go back to normal."

Although I knew he was probably going to say no, a slight feeling of hope still lingered inside of me. I didn't want my relationship with my dad to be like this. You only get one dad, and I don't want our relationship to go to shit.