♡ Chapter 30 ♡

Mid-January is such a beautiful time.

The snow falls from the sky and lands on the white ground. My white jacket is tightly wrapped around me and my gloves protect my fingers from getting cold. 

"I'm so excited!" I cheer.

Reese replies in the most opposite tone possible, "Yea. Super exciting."

I hit his chest lightly, "Come on! Give it a chance."

We stop just before the outdoor ice rink. It's mainly only kids and parents that skate around on the blue ice, their skates leaving dents in the ice. 

For the past two weeks, I didn't utter a single word about my dad, Alec, or anything crime related. Reese tried to make it seem like killing Alec didn't affect him, but I know that it did.

So I helped him heal. We spent every single minute of every single day together while he slowly recovered from it. We watched movies, went out to dinner, and one day we even painted each other's backs. I painted a beautiful night sky on his.

He painted a dick on mine and then refused to help me wash it off. 

Today, with him seeming back to usual, I thought it would be fun to go ice skating.

I've been a few times. I'm no olympian, but I definitely won't fall and break my butt. But Reese on the other hand?

He thought you went shaking with normal shoes on and just glided.

I hold onto his hand as we walk over to the stand to buy skates. I feel the veins on his hands as our fingers intertwine. 

It hurt him deeply to have Alec betray him. Even though he tried to hide it, I knew his heart shattered. But he has pieced it back together, and become stronger. Everybody has weaknesses, but they don't make you weak. And Reese is far from weak.

"A size 12 men and size 7 women, please," I say kindly to the worker, smiling the entire time I looked at them. 

They turned their back and grabbed two pairs for us. I say cheerfully, "Thank you!"

I put $500 on the counter, and the worker's eyes widened. I tell him, "Use it for as many people as you can that come here."

I like doing that. Paying for people. It's such a nice surprise to find out that something is free. I do it when I go for coffee a lot, and even though coffee is such a simple thing, it can really make someone's day. 

We sit at a nearby wooden bench. The lamp posts around the icerink were covered in snow and a large Christmas tree still remained nearby even though the holiday was over. But I wasn't complaining. I love winter.

Reese puts his skates on, and then gestures to his lap, "Let me tie yours. Don't want you tripping on them. Like that pretty smile of yours too much to see it busted."

I swing my legs up and put my feet on his lap. I watch him as he ties my skates tightly, and I tell him, "I'm definitely going to need a hot shower once we're back home."

"If we get back home," he says while tapping my leg after finishing tieing my skates. "I might fucking die doing this."

"Don't be dramatic!" I stand off of the bench, and hold my hands out for him to take. At first, he just stares at them, so I jerk my body forward to make him grab them and stand up. "If it's really that hard, you can use one of the assisters."

He turns his head and sees that only toddlers are using them.

"Yea no, I'd rather die," he replies.

I step foot onto the ice before he does, getting used to the feeling since it had been a while. But I quickly find my balance, and gesture for him to come on.