Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

   "Hon', what was that?" Adam asked me as he ran his fingers through my dripping hair, his voice oozing with concern.

"Nightmare." I muttered as I wiped a mixture of water and tears from my eyes.

He kissed my forehead and said "D'you wanna' talk about it?" I nodded and proceeded to tell Adam about the dream. I told him about the worst part; the way the being had claimed to be my father yet it was willing to hurt me - my father would never  hurt me. Adam hugged me to his chest and said "It's okay, it's only a dream. Besides, your father would never ever hurt you." I nodded.

   "Hey, can we... get out, I'm fr-freezing?" I said between shivers, to Adam.

"How about we turn water up and get warm?" Adam asked. I nodded, and he helped me up before getting up himself and then turning up the shower to a moderately hot temperature. He then guided me under the spray and kissed my forehead. I smiled at him and had a sudden urge to rip his shirt off and see those wonderful abs - if I'm honest, I just wanted that because I knew it would make me feel better and take my mind off of the dream, I mean, with abs like that, Adam could take his shirt off and cause a homophobic guy to jump him in the street and become as straight as a roundabout, there and then.

   I tugged at the hem of his clinging t-shirt and started to pull it up his chest, running my thumbs along his abs. He eyed me up suspiciously and said "Hon', are you sure?" He seemed a little worried almost. I just replied by pulling his shirt over his head, dropping it to the floor and running my tongue up his abs. I then started to undo his jeans and slide them down his legs. I trailed my fingers along the tops of his legs, the small hairs clinging to his thighs. He didn't make a move, just locked his eyes with mine. Then I pulled my own shirt off and pulled my legs out of my jeans, letting them drown my ankles before I stepped out of them and undid the clasp of my bra. Adam instantly placed his hands on my breasts and stopped me from taking my bra off, whispering "Don't, it's not the right time." I felt a tear slide down my cheek, luckily it was masked by the jet of water that was directed on top of my head and sending a constant flow of water down my forehead and along my nose before splitting into separate streams at the tips of it. Adam then wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to his chest, taking the clasp of my bra and doing it up in the process. After, he kissed my hair and held me tightly.

   "I'm sorry." I whispered into Adam's ear as I lay cradled in his arms on his bed. He just shook his head and smiled lightly at me. I nestled my head into his chest, his chin resting on top of my head."No, I am though, I shouldn't have done that, you were just looking out for me and I was basically taking advantage of you." I stopped for a moment to let him process it before saying "Forgive me?"

"You know I love you. And I know you love me." He whispered in my ear.

"Hey, who said I loved you?" I said, making the air a little lighter and jokier.

Adam laughed before kissing his way up my neck and saying "Me!" He then planted a huge, sloppy kiss on my cheek. I grinned and wiped at my cheek.

   "Am I okay to sleep in here with you? I just don't wanna' be in my room, you know, 'cause we had th-" I started.

Adam cut me off and said "I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Thank you." I then kissed him lightly on the lips before I felt his tongue glide along my upper lip. I grinned and parted my lips. Adam then mangled our tongues together and slid his hands under the waistband of my borrowed pyjama bottoms (they were Adam's Calvin Klein ones, and he insisted), and rubbing small circles just above my the top of my knickers. I giggled in to the kiss, making Adam grin. I pulled away and said "What?"

"Nothing, I just love it when you giggle. You scrunch your nose slightly and it looks so cute." Adam told me before he cleared the space between us and started to kiss me again. He then nibbled on my uppper lip and grazed the skin of my lip, this only made me giggle which made Adam grin broadly.

   That night, I lay in Adam's arms and was thinking about nothing in particular when Adam said "Now, I know this is so not the right time, and totally out of the blue but... I really love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So, Amanda Parks, will you... marry me?" Adam then moved around a bit before producing a smooth, red, satin ring box in his palm.

I climbed out of bed and said "Excuse me." as tears started to fall down my cheeks.