Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

   After ringing Rose and checking to see if it was okay for Adam and I to go round (it was), I went back in to my room and lay next to Adam on my bed. Adam wrapped his arms around my petite waist and kissed my neck. I giggled before saying "What time is it?" Adam told me that it was half six. I then dragged him downstairs to help me make dinner

   After dinner, I made Adam and I a hot chocolate, and we went upstairs in to my room with them. Once we had finished our drinks, we just lay there and talked, me encircled in Adam's strong arms, leaning my head against his chest as his chin was resting on top of my head. "I love you." Adam whispered into my hair.

"Mhmm." I muttered, unsure how else to respond. I mean, do I love him? Don't I? Will I? Sure, I'd told him that I loved him but I wans't sure if I loved him, or if I was in love with the idea of him, I thought.

"Have a nice sleep." After he had said it, I noticed that my eyes were feeling heavy. That night, I fell asleep in Adam's arms.

   I heard a knock on my door before my father entered the room on Wednesday morning and said "Angel, brea- Adam? What are you doing in bed with my daughter?" Adam and I instantly sat up. We were still fully clothed, this caused my father to sigh in relief. We moved away from each other before my father said "Adam, will you please leave?" Adam walked out and my father glared at me from the opposite side of my room.

   "What... are you doing, Amanda?" I didn't answer. "That boy is older than you." I hated how my father referred to Adam as 'that boy'. "Well? Are you going to answer me?" I still said nothing. "Amanda, you're my daughter and I intend to protect you from... people like that." That did it.

"'People like that'? Would you like to enlighten me as to what you mean by 'people like that'? I'm unsure. I though that we were all the same! I thought God created us all to be equal, but, hey, maybe you need to re-read your Bible, because I think you've forgotten - or never believed in - one of Jesus' main teachings." I half shouted, standing up and walking towards my father.

"Don't you dare use God against me, young lady!" My father hissed.

"Well, I'm sorry I'm not a good Christian like you then!" My father was silent. "I mean, I don't think I've done anything wrong at all. I've been a good Christian, I've helped you, and looked after you when you needed me, cooked and cleaned, never gone out with a boy - even though so many have asked me out - and stayed in this Godforsaken hell hole of a village!"

"Don't push me." He strained through gritted teeth.

"Well, don't you think I was upset by mum's death? Don't you think I wanted to cry for months on end like you did?! I did, I just never did because I was being strong for you. I stayed with you. I could have gone off to uni two years ago, made new friends, learned more, but no. No, I stayed here with you because I knew that you weren't strong enough to stay on your own, you'd feel that the only other person you loved had left you. I couldn't do that to you, but, by being with Adam, I'm not, I'm staying right here with you while having fun with Adam. Now, if you don't mind, Adam and I are going to the creek today. Goodbye." I opened the door and gestured for him to leave. He was speechless that I'd just stood up to him, and just sheepishly walked towards his study, though I knew he was seething inside.

   "Okay, get ready to go to the creek." I said as I walked in to Adam's room. Adam cocked an eyebrow and looked at me as if to say 'really?! You've just had an argument with your dad and you want to go to the creek?' I walked towards him and he wrapped his arms around me as I cried into his chest. I scrunched fistfuls of his shirt into my hands as he rubbed my back soothingly. Adam didn't try to tell me that it'd be okay, he just comforted me, and that's all I wanted, because I knew that everything wouldn't be okay. After I'd cried for about five or ten minutes, I felt my legs start to tremble. Adam picked me up bridal style and carried me over to his bed. He sat with his back against the head board and me bundled in his lap, nestling in to his chest.

When I'd cried myself out, I looked up at Adam and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you." I whispered as I cuddled him.

"Anytime, hon'." Adam said as he planted a soft kiss into my hair.

"So, how about you give me fifteen minutes and then we can get going to that creek?" I asked as I started to climb off of his lap.

Adam hooked an arm around my waist, stopping me from escaping, and said "Now, you've just cried for half an hour and you want to go out to a creek?"

"Yep. It's my second favourite place; I just need to get away from here, and I'd enjoy it even more if you came with me."

"Okay, just clarifying, is all." Adam then moved his arm, and I went into my bathroom. I splashed cold water onto my face before putting on a little mascara and brushing my hair. I walked back in to my room, put on a black bikini, pulled on a pair of denim hot pant shorts, a red low cut cami and picked up a pair of tan flip flops. I grabbed my book, phone, a towel, and packed it all in to a yellow tote.

Then, I walked into Adam's room and said "Grab a towel and anything else you need and pass it here." Adam handed me his towel and phone and I put it into my bag. We then went downstairs and drove to the creek.

   As we passed clusters of trees and fields full of cows and sheep, Adam placed a hand on my thigh. I took his hand and kissed his palm. He smiled at me before changing gears (yes, I'd let him drive after he'd insisted - begged, nearly). When we got to the creek, I told Adam to park beside the trees and we got out. I then took his hand and lead him through the opening of them. I could hear the rushing of the water as we got nearer. What made me happier was the fact that I couldn't hear the laughing and giggling of any other people - we would be alone.

   I slipped my flip flops off and pulled my cami over my head. I flung it to the floor before sliding my shorts down my legs and on to the rocks. Then, sprinting away from Adam, I bombed in to the water, tucking my legs to my chest and wrapping my arms around them. As I hit the cold water, I felt the hairs on my arms and neck shoot up, preparing themselves for the instant change in temperature. When I swam to the surface, I saw Adam pulling off his shorts and t-shirt before coming to join me in the water, diving in elegantly. I laughed to myself as I began to tread water. Adam made his way towards me before saying "Only you could bomb and make it look sexy." I grinned and splashed him in the face.

"I can make anything look sexy, and you know that." Adam's only response was to kiss me. Adam and I messed about in the water, kissing and hugging, laughing and splashing. It was enough to distract me from the argument with my father.

   Later, we lay our towels on the rocks and lay on them, drying off in the warm summer sun. Adam started to kiss his way up my hip, the kisses making me blush slightly as I lay there trying not to giggle. I pushed him away and stood up, heading towards the car. When we got home, we both showered before changing to go to Rose's house.