Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

   As I was out in the chicken coops collecting the eggs, I saw my ring glint in the early morning sun light, and admired it momentarily before I continued to collect the chicken eggs. Reaching down for the last egg, I felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around my waist and heard a muffled "Hello, you." come from Adam as he kissed his way up my neck and started to graze the skin lightly with his teeth. I straightened myself out and giggled to myself. I then turned around in his hold, tip-toed and kissed him before he pulled away and said "Dad'll meet us at the train station and we can stay for the week if we want to. Is that okay?"

I nodded and kissed him again, the kiss more passionate and full of love (if it were even possible), before I whispered "Love you." into his chest.

Adam just kissed me again before saying "Love you more."

"Nope, not possible."

"Maybe." Adam said with a cheeky grin on his face.

* * *

   As we stepped on to the platform at St. Pancras train station and walked in to the building, I saw Adam waving to a tall man with dark hair and tanned skin. He started towards us and wrapped Adam up in a bear hug. I smiled and then the man said "God, I've missed you." I bit the inside of my cheek, hating it when people used God's name in anger, frustration or just because they could.

Adam cleared his throat and said "Yeah, can you try and keep the swearing and Oh Gods to a minimum? Dee's a Christian."

The man nodded and said "I'm sorry. So, this must be the famous Amanda?" I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Yup." Adam said, popping the 'P'.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Rick" He said as he kissed my left hand.

   "Oh, he popped the question then?"

"Way to go and spoil the surprise, Dad!" Adam said, throwing his hands up in the air and sighing, a small smile playing on his face.

"What surprise?" Rick said, grinning.

Adam smiled before saying "Better."

Rick then said "So, where were we? Oh, yes, Amanda." He then enveloped me in a hug. I must admit, I felt awkward hugging a man that I'd just met not two minutes ago. But I hugged him back. "Right, let's go. The family are dying to see you and meet Amanda." Rick said, after he'd pulled away, to Adam. We then followed Rick towards the car park, our cases trundling behind us.

   After sitting in the back of the red 1965 Volkswagen minibus that Rick drove (yes, apparently, he just loved all of the golden oldies), with Adam beside me for about half an hour, we stopped outside of a large-ish house with a small front garden. The car parked, and then we got out to see the cream house looking all neat and tidy. We walked down the narrow path, towards the front door, and Rick unlocked it and lead us in. The house was clean and nicely decorated; bold and simple, modern and beautiful.

   "Ahhh! Addy, I missed you!" A girl of about twenty years old screamed as she flung herself at Adam. She had gorgeous brown hair that was cropped in to a cute pixie cut with a gorgeous sweeping side fringe. Adam jerked backwards slightly at the short girl's attack.

"Missed you too, Sis." Adam said as he hugged her.

"So, this is the girl that's been tugging at your heart strings?" She asked as she looked me up and down.

"Mhmm. Maxie, this is Dee. Dee, this is Maxie, my oldest sister." She came towards me and hugged me.

"God, I haven't heard this one talk about his feelings so much since mum." She said just loud enough for me to hear. "Okay, come on you have to meet the others!" Maxie said as she grabbed my arm and dragged me away from Adam and Rick, and up a flight of stairs.